Giorgio Chiellini's return. (1 Viewer)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
It seems Chiellini is sure to return, Giraudo announced that Giorgio will play for us next season. We still need to buy back his viola half for a price between 3-5 million euro's though.
Maresca and Miccoli are set to stay at Fiorentina.

This might spell some bad news for Zambrotta(though I don't think he'll be sold) and certainly for Parisi. With the exceptions for their respective departures being:
- either Chiellini or more likely Parisi sits on the bench.
- Parisi leftback, Chiellini leftmid and Zambrotta rightback.

I'd prefer to see Zambrotta stay on the left though, maybe even left-mid. Chiellini might be more suited as leftmidfielder though as he isn't as good defensively as Zambrotta is.

http://sports.virgilio.it/it/cmc/calcio/200522/cmc_82747.html

Buy on AliExpress.com

juventus2

Jul 6, 2004
----------Trezeguet--Ibrahimovic
------Nedved-----------Camoranesi
Chiellini--Emerson--Mozart--Zambrotta
---------Cannavaro----Thuram
--------------------Buffon

Bench: Appiah, DP, Bonnefoi, Zebina, Tudor, Mutu, Blasi

This would be a nice and relativly young squad

Juve-Nuts

May 31, 2005
Juventus have confirmed that Giorgio Chiellini will be recalled from his loan spell at Fiorentina in the summer.

The youngster is one of the country’s most promising left-backs and he will be rewarded for a stunning season by a return to the Italian giants.

"Chiellini will come back here," stated Bianconeri director Antonio Giraudo following his club’s latest Scudetto success.

Juve bought Chiellini last summer from Livorno, but almost instantly sent him to Fiorentina given that he was blocked by Gianluca Zambrotta in Turin.

Yet boss Fabio Capello is eager for a more competitive squad next term and Chiellini will be a part of it.

The 20-year-old was a key member of the Under-21 side at the start of this term but has ended it with promotion to Marcello Lippi’s full Italy set-up.

Chiellini was joined at the Stadio Artemio Franchi by Juve colleagues Enzo Maresca and Fabrizio Miccoli over the last nine months.

Yet the pair will not be recalled as the Viola are expected to complete their capture after last summer’s co-ownership deals were agreed.

The Tuscan club will pay around £2.5m to keep Maresca, while Miccoli will cost them around £5m.

Meanwhile, whispers today suggest that Igor Tudor will return to Juventus too after he spent the last six months at Siena.

But the Croatian may not remain though, with Sampdoria apparently interested in the central defender.

---------- Channel 4 ------------

Hmm, we cant move Zambrotta out of the left back position, IMO hes the best in the world.
And only £7.5mil for miccoli and maresca :down:

Romano

May 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by juventus2 ] ++

NO BLASI ANYMORE !

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
I'm not convinced with Chiellini's defensive capabilities. As said above Zambrotta left back and Chiellini as a left midfielder so that we can play 4-3-1-2.

----- Ibrahimovic --- ??? ------

----------------- ??? -------------

-- Chiellini -- Emerson --- Camoranesi

- Zambrotta - Cannavaro - Thuram - ???

-------------- Buffon --------------

Del Piero, Nedved, Zebina, Blasi and Trezeguet can all leave or remain, but these players are almost certain to be in the team next season.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by juventus2 ] ++

Only two defenders!?????:confused::confused::confused::confused::eek::eek::eek:

:rolleyes:

je,je,je,je,je,je

May 4, 2004
well there are some things cap could do..

zambro as left midfielder, chiellini as leftback..
zambro as rightback, chiellini as leftback..
or zamrbo as leftback, chiellini as backup (bench) !

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
i believe cap will try out all those variations and will finally choose the best, whatever he choose's, the good thing is,
we now have many solutions to cover any temporary problem by accidentations or red cards

Juve-Nuts

May 31, 2005
Can Zambrotta play as a right back? i know he used 2 play as a right mid and his right foot is his favoured one but being a right footed left back improves defensive abilities (i should know as i am one of them!:D) but hinders attacking abilities, o well more attack less defence sounds good to me!!

alex7034y

May 31, 2005
IMO left-back is the best position for Zambrotta. Nedved still play left-mid. Chiellini can be used when we need transition for players. If neccesary, Zambrotta can move to right-back or right-mid.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't care what anybody says Chiellini is no left winger for Juventus. If we expect Chiellini to take over for Nedved on the left flank we might as well just give up because this guy does not even have half the skills of Nedved and is not even more reliable going forward than Kapo. Chiellini is a defender through and through and we would be wasting a perfectly good position for make shift winger.

I think Capello knows that too and I suspect Chiellini will take the left-back role when either Zambrotta is out of action or perhaps we will move Zambrotta to rightback or left midfield. We better not use Chiellini as a left winger at Juventus because he's not.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Funny thing the half o u dont trust chiellini as an ofensive player and the other half as defensive, as we buy him for a defender, i agry with andy here, that chie souldn t be used us a winger
esp in a 4-4-2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)