How did Don.Fabio do ? (1 Viewer)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
well now that the season ended, and we are now scudetto champions.But the thing that i wanted to taalk abt is how did the manager? Don.Fabio Capello do this season?

Well first of all he recruited very good players, and his recruitments were very effective and changed alot in the team.Canavaro,zlatan, and emerson were the main ones who changed alot in the team and were regulars. So all and all his transfer targets were smart.He also shipped out tudor, legro, and cheillini.

Although i think that we didnt have alot of depth in the squad .I mean we were very lucky that none of our first team defense players like cana, or thuram got long term injuries or we would've been stuck with either montero, which is a very scary thought by the way.i think tudor is much better and even legro is better in some way.
The other thing that we were lucky is that when zebina was injured, pessoto performed well, which for a guy in his age will not perform next year i think so we need cheilini back.

Yet again you need luck to win the championship you cant win in without a bit of luck.

Now tactically how did he do :
capello likes the 4-4-2 formation, and it suited the team very well. the team was giving alot of stable performances all over the season.Don fabio likes the idea of two DM's with one defensive skills and help out the defensive line alot.The players were very suited for this formation.
The formatoin was changed into a 4-3-3 sometime this season due to injuries and it was effective as the team didnt lose even one match with it .The same players were in that formation without neddy ofcourse, and it was used again against calgiari with neddy but without camo.Mybe we would see more of it next year.
He always played a good game when the team stuck to their own game, i think his biggest mistake was the liverpool first game, and the 2nd game.the first game he wanted the team to play the english , the fast one touch game and it backfired at the end with two goals in gigi's net.In the 2nd game he didnt give an attacking team, and i give some blame to the players , but again they were playing with a tactic of long balls and it just didnt produce the goods.I understand that every coach takes a risk when putting the tactics for a game, it could backfire and it could make wonders.So overall his tactics were spot on.

Player management:
Juventus' players are very hard to manage cuz most of them are big players with big egos, so its very hard to manage those players and keep them constantly playing their best ggames.Capello showed great techniques in keeping the players always playing their top game.I mean why didnt carlos quiroz succeed with real last year, or manicini with inter.Capello knows how to deal with the players.I mean look how he got the best out of alex and got him scoring goals again.How made zlatan adapt in the italian game so fast.When he came in he wanted to pass everyone,but he learned by time.How camo raised his game, as well as neddy.He gave cana hope of reviving his career.also gave a chance for new players like blasi,appiah, and zala and it paid off.
Also another thing abt alex is that when he hitt off on capello last week, alex was starting in the next game just to prove that capello makes his judgement based on form and only form.

Overall i think he gave alot to this team that was lacking last year.

how will he do in the future? i dont know, but i think if he was given who he wanted then he could lead juve to more success.

Buy on AliExpress.com

MeRs0

Jun 26, 2004
Yes me too, 2006 CHL is ours :D

Capello did a great job, Juve got like 5 new players and with most of them he won the scudetto. Its not a easy job, especially considering that new players needs some time to settle in a squad.

He certainly got the touch, and I belive we can look forward to our third star on the jersey with him aboard.

Thanks Fabio

Juventico

Apr 7, 2005
He's like an army general, cold, efficient, knows how to move his warriors and has a great hunger for victory.

I hope he can bring the CL back to Turin next year.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Capello did a great job,
he builted a solid team wich dominated the leage from day one till the last one!

He only failed in CL,
but this will only make him more eager to win it next season.
With the proper tools he can lead juve to the final win.

rokkstar

Feb 2, 2005
Don Fabio is the king!!!

over the season his tactics were 99.99% spot-on with the resources available.....

May the king prevail !!!

yeah CL in 2006.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
It would be wonderful if he would take us to the CL.
Somehow I can see him going to coach Italy after his commitment for Juventus

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Loved the photo of Don Fabio waving our flag like that!! Did anyone see him jumping for joy celebrating when DP picked up the scudetto trophy? Quality scenes!! Never saw him do that at any other club hes been at before.

Good 5hit!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)