Season End Questions (1 Viewer)

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
I'm not so sure as to why Parma and Bologna are gonna be in a play-off while Fiorentinaisn't when they are also same in points with these two teams. Is it because Fiorentina have a better head-to-head record against Bologna and Parma?

And what the hell is Capello thinking that he's still playing our starters on the last day of the season when it has no bearing at all. He's only risking injury to our players.

Why not play Mutu and some reserves from the start?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++
I'm not so sure as to why Parma and Bologna are gonna be in a play-off while Fiorentinaisn't when they are also same in points with these two teams. Is it because Fiorentina have a better head-to-head record against Bologna and Parma?

Exactly.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Atalanta propped up the table and will be joined in Serie B by Brescia, but the name of the third relegated side is still up in the air. Nine teams were still at risk going into the final round and three clubs finished on level terms - Fiorentina, Bologna and Parma.

This is where the 'classifica avulsa' comes into play. The three teams' results against each other are played out in a mini-tournament and Fiorentina came out on top, so Bologna and Parma - local rivals from the Emilia-Romagna region - will face each other in a two-legged play-off on June 14 and 18.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
As someone already posted in the matches section, in a while only Ciro's number of matches will be remembered as statistics. 500 sounds a lot better then 501. That is more important then Ferrara playing 5 mins in some match when we already won the scudetto. And he will get his own farewell match soon.

He won't be remembered for his (non)appearance today, but for the 500 before.

OP
Primo

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    Still, why didn't Capello give our youngsters a run-up in todays games?

Juve89

The Farmer
    May 27, 2004
    Maybe he felt like that he needed to win at Delle Alpi before the celebrations...
    I mean it wouldn't look good if juve lossed and then started screaming and celebrating....
    Juve went in to the season with class and went out with class!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    It was a full Stadio Delle Alpi and people came to see our top players play and Del Piero lift the Scudetto trophy. I think Capello also wanted to entertain the crowd for a change, something we haven't really done all season long. :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    As for the relegation battle, Fiorentina, Bologna, and Parma were all level on points at the end of season, all three being above the other two relegated clubs Atalanta and Brescia. Fiorentina had the better head to head record of the three clubs level on points, so they survive. Bologna and Parma have equal head to head records so they will have to play a two-legged relegation decider to see who stays in Serie A.

All I have to say is FORZA PARMA.

Aug 1, 2003
    Igli Tare :touched: I've always liked him

Its sad to see Parma and Bologna playing the play offs for relegation - both are teams capable of upsetting the big teams.

Im actually glad that Capello played this squad, Im sure the fans wanted to see it and considering it was a full house with celebrations the first squad deserved to play the game and enjoy the victory :)

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Tare will get traded... likely to a promoted B side if not some of the lower table teams.

But yeah -- Forza Parma!

Did anyone catch that goal Gila made today? Dammmnnnnn....

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Well bad news for Parma. Since Morfeo and Contini both saw red yesterday they will miss the first playoff leg against Bologna. Morfeo will certainly be missed, that's for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)