Campioni ! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2004
Campioni: Alex thanks Capello Sunday 22 May, 2005
channel4.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Press blackout is over with Fabio Capello and Alessandro Del Piero commenting on the Scudetto and Juve’s future plans.

“This team has proved it has remarkable humility, determination and the desire to go all the way,” said the Coach after winning his seventh League title with four different clubs. “Milan never gave in and played a great Championship.”

“It was very difficult to maintain our focus when Milan wiped out the gap not once, but twice. However, I maintain the most important moment in the Scudetto race was our victory at Lazio. We were decimated by injuries and suspensions, so to win there was even more decisive than beating Milan at the San Siro.”

Pavel Nedved’s late strike sealed that victory at the Stadio Olimpico in Week 33, ensuring Juve stayed on top of the table from start to finish this season.

Capello’s decisions were not always popular, as his treatment of captain Alessandro Del Piero infuriated sections of the fanbase.

“I treat everyone the same way out of respect for the squad,” insisted the tactician. “Sometimes I’m right and in other occasions I make a mistake. There were times in which Del Piero needed to be substituted and I did that. When he was on fine form, I left him out there for 90 minutes. A Coach has to make tough choices that can be unpopular, but he will never intentionally try to pick on a player.”

Del Piero himself also admitted that the lack of certainty in his campaign pushed him to improve his performance.

“The last few years have been difficult for me with injuries, so in actual fact I played more this season than I did in 2004,” said the captain. “I thank Capello, because he made the right choices and took Juve to the title. It was a victory against those who said I was finished, but above all I dedicate the Scudetto to the people who always supported me.”

Their attention now turns to the future, with reports of a £48m Real Madrid offer for Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Barcelona and Arsenal’s interest in David Trezeguet.

“We were fortunate to sign all the players we had our sights on in the summer and they proved to be good buys,” noted Capello. “I can guarantee that the most important players won’t leave Juve, not even Trezeguet.”

Director General Luciano Moggi also commented on the transfer policy that had been criticised in the close season, especially after the departure of Fabrizio Miccoli, Enzo Maresca, Mark Iuliano, Nicola Legrottaglie, Igor Tudor and Giorgio Chiellini.

“Everyone kept pointing out we had a small squad, but they didn’t mention the injuries that ruled out Nedved, Trezeguet, Del Piero and Jonathan Zebina for long periods,” said the transfer guru.

“We played well all the way through, which wasn’t easy for a side that started out with the Champions’ League preliminary round in August. We proved Juve are the best on the pitch and I’m happy to have won it after a fascinating head to head battle with Milan.”

Director Antonio Giraudo had a special dedication to make at the end of this Press blackout. “It has been a tough year for Juventus with the death of President Umberto Agnelli. He had always been a key figure for us and we dedicate the title to him.”

what do u think about this ??

and Cap said that important player wont leave .. :D
and he said Trez will stay.. :fero:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Juve_Kosova
May 4, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    ++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

Why duplicate another thread, when you know others exist?
    WHAT???????? i createt this as THE FIRST ONE!! okay.. so plzz know, before speaking!!!!

Look at the time, and u'll know what im talking about!!!

anyway, if a modotore whants to close it, then go ahead!!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    sorry JK, but there have already been several threads on this topic, some with the same title.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)