This guy really is ctrazy... (1 Viewer)

Mar 6, 2005
ZEMAN :eek: !!

Zeman gives Juve credit
Saturday 21 May, 2005
Zdenek Zeman has spent the last five years attacking the Bianconeri, but his was one of a chorus of voices praising the new Champions of Italy.

“This Scudetto win was deserved,” stated the Lecce boss. “The team showed great character and a remarkable mental strength.”

Zeman has long fuelled controversy regarding the biggest club in the Peninsula, commenting on anything from their tactics to use of drugs and transfer policy. He had also repeatedly claimed this season that Milan played the best football in Italy and couldn’t resist another sly dig at Fabio Capello’s men.

“I still cannot understand why the most important game of the season between Juve and Milan could not be postponed by a few hours, seeing as the Rossoneri were exhausted from the Champions’ League semi-final only a couple of days earlier,” added Zeman.

“Yet a pointless encounter with Palermo was brought forward to the Friday evening so they could better prepare for the European Final. It makes no sense”

That San Siro showdown was won 1-0 by Juve thanks to a goal from David Trezeguet and all but decided the title race.

“The credit for this victory goes to the club for having the strength to support its members through difficult times and for Fabio Capello, who is the only Coach in Italy who can truly make the difference,” said former Juve hero Franco Causio.

“Capello knows how to read the game and makes his changes accordingly. He can also impose his personality on the team, which is why he has won titles at four different clubs. His record speaks for itself.”

Many balked when Capello joined Juventus from Roma in May 2004, but he has now won the League title with Milan, Real Madrid, the Giallorossi and Turin giants.

Some of his decisions caused controversy, most notably the treatment of captain Alessandro Del Piero, who became one of the most substituted players in Serie A this season.

“In the important moments, Del Piero was always ready to deliver despite all the pressure that was put upon his shoulders,” said another ex-Juve man, Marco Tardelli.

“I believe Juventus absolutely deserved this Scudetto victory. Capello is a Coach who can win wherever he goes and his ability to control the squad is remarkable.”

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

Even when he's "praising" Juve for the title, he's still b!tchin about why they didnt change the timing of the Milan-Juve game. Ffs Zeman.

This article reminds me of Burke's "apology" comments. :D

adams

Mar 5, 2005
Zeman is a funny character. But this is taken out of context.

Most coaches make comments on the Serie A winners. And nobody wants to sound bitter, so they all say nice things.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I was thinking the same thing. Somebody must have accidentally given him a massive headbutt in practice, and the marbles in his head have been rolling around ever since. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)