Evaluation of season 2004/2005 (1 Viewer)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
well i just wanted to put my insight on how did we perform in all in areas in this season.now that we won the scudetto i can say that its been effective in many ways.

-transfers:
we brought emerson, zlatan, canavaro,mutu,zebina,blasi,kapo. i think they were very effective or at least most of them.
canavaro-i think he was the best buy of the season, moggi made the right move buy bringing him to juve.he gave the stability needed in the defense, he was a great in the defense, he got his form back, which was lost during his spell at inter.The best thing i saw in him is that, when the media mistreated him, it didnt effect his form one bit.Great player.

zlatan-he made great contributions to the attack, scored over 12 goals this season,i dont think he was the best buy cuz it took a long time to adapt to serie A and to the other players as well.The thing that was so good about him is that although he was adapting very well, he was still scoring goals.

zebina-this guy is either a complete disaster or a rock in the defense. his instability is not giving much to the defense.The critisicm to him is that he is a right back and cant produce a decent cross and he just cant pass.He is not that great but he did ok this season.

emerson- the puma had a wonderful season, gave stability to the midfield, that we lacked, great vision in midfield, nice passes and he can run the midfield as he wants.The thing that shows he had a great season is that they brought him back the brazil national team.Overall great season.

blasi- i dont know why but i see great potentail for this guy, i like him in midfield.He gave emerson and the other midfielders a way to get through with his great defending skills in midfield.The bad thing abt him is that his passing is not that great but ok, and he can be sometimes too physical and get unnecessary fouls.Again overall i liked how he performed this season, a great asset for the future.

kapo- ppl say this guy has alot of potential, but he didnt play much and in some matches he didnt convince.he could've got his chance when neddy was injured but he was injured as well.I liked the way he played in the lazio match in the first leg, and some other matches.But i think that he needs more playing time so we can judge him better.

mutu-didnt play yet.

now to the ppl that went out of juve, i wasnt too happy when we shipped most of our defenders out and we were stuck with montero to play. i think that was a very bad move from moggi.

The player that were already in the team:

Gigi-i think he had a great season.Solid for the whole season in goal.That one handed save for carlos's free kick in the madrid match sums how great this guy is.Although there are sometimes when he should;ve made better in some goals that went in , but aagain great season.

thuram-this guy was mostly solid for most of the season, but in some matches he makes stupid mistakes, that just piss me off.However he had a great partnership with cana in the back.

zambro- spcetacular season in both defense and offense. great runs upfield some games, but solid defending in all of them.Great season.

pessoto,brindelli:they had ok games both of them for subtitutes.Pessoto had some great games i liked him very much this season.I think he was very solid and the first leg against liverpool, proves how good this guy is.

montero-poor blunders in many mathces that he played, expected better from a veteran like him.poor season overall.

ferrara-didnt play many matches,but i think he will be a great asset for the youth system, thank old Ciro and goodluck.

camo- Best player in this season, he had grown a great much since last year, he is the only creative spark in midfield.But his crosses are from the best in the world. Excellent season, and great contribution to this year's success.

neddy- wasnt convincing at all this season, he has lost alot since his performances the year before last.He played some good games and the last part of the season.overall a below average season for him, he can do much better.

appiah- this guy can make take the tv and throw to the ground sometimes and other times he plays a great game.The begining part of the season he just sucked then at the end he played some good game, especially the one against milan.

tacchi- he a few good games, very few games. and he couldnt make capello choose him even when both blasi and appiah were out favour or even when emo was injured.

olivera-very few good games, makes some stupid mistakes in midfield that could avoided and don fabio played him in different places in the midfield.But for me he wasnt convincing at all.He has great potential and hope he can do better next year.

Trezi-scored some important goals in the few matches that he played in, the injuries just destroyed his season.Could've had a much better season, but wat can u do.

alex- i dont know wat to say about alex, many games he plays alright and others he can spectacular and the thrid part of the games he played was jsut pure crap. I think that he found his form in many important games and in the last few games of the season because of Don.Fabio although i didnt like the he treated alex, but it only did him good.I cant say he had a great season but a better season than the last two seasons.I hope he stays and perform even better next year.

zalayeta- some nice games, nice touches.Seems to have a good understanding with zlatan.But he had some games that were pure crap, but he scored some important goals.I think he a good Sub nothing more.Average season.

Don.Fabio-He had a great season on the bench.I liked the way how he handled the players.Some matches he showed wat a great tactical genuice and others he was just unlucky i guess(the liverpool matches).I didnt the way he liked to defend a one goal lead.Lost some points doing that.Overall he showed his true greatness and i hope he gets the players he want next season and win the CL.Forzaa Don Fabio.

The whole team- team work in juve is very important and i think in defense we showed good team work and defended very with the help of the midfielders and the team was very organised.In midfield we didnt show and also in offense.

Team Morale was very good over the season, and they were always happy when any player scores a goal.And when any player has a hard time they stick buy him.

Forzaa juvee , great season,Scuddetto Winners 2004/2005

Buy on AliExpress.com

Geof

May 14, 2004
why is everyone talking about Birindelli and Pessotto together?

they are different individual you know? ;)

OP
sateeh

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    i talked abt them together cuz , both of them play in the same position and didnt feature that much , but they deserve a review

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    Buffon 8 - A year a little under his real potential. He had some bad games (Reggina, Inter, etc.)and some bad moments, but in the whole, he was there when was needed.: just remember the one on one against pippo 2 weeks ago, it worth an scudetto. Determination, high spirit and courage are important points he transmit to his companions.Not the best season of the best goalkeeper......

Birindelli 6 - A hard worker that labours in the shade, but when called, he has done the job.

Cannavaro 9 - A Phoenix reborn from Inter ashes,Favio was one of the vital organs of this season team. He bring back the excellence level that we enjoy some years ago when Montero and Ferrara were at their best.Also, his experience with Thuram and Buffon give us the edge. Anticipation, speed, concentration,capacity to make goals . Then, the video scandal...how does he answer? with a goal against Bologna...This man is definitly Juve stuff. Im still dont understand how in the hell we swap him for Carini...thanks Moratti keep doin like this...

Ferrara - More than a player, a second coach. Thank you Ciro for being so juve.......a round 10 for his career....

Montero - And old warrior that has gave us so much...

Pessotto 7 - When Capello has used him, all his utility has been evidenced. Always ready to do the lesser jobs in the field and he hasnot 90 minutes in his legs, but his experience and coolness were very important in the right moments. Adaptable at any situation. good to have him

Thuram 8 - A football giant. He has some bad games this season, but has been very accertive and valuable in the critical moments. His tandem with Canna has apparently defeated the Nesta Maldini duo, at least in serie A. Like the good wines, age has give him more quality. It would be a big problem to find a sustitute, the day he decides to quit....sharpness and elegance perfectly integrated to the Juve style.

Zambrotta 6 - His worst year in Torino. Neverless,very valuable and a guarantee of physical capacity to run many kilometrs in one game. Defensevily very good, but his services and shots hasnt been the same that in last years. A superior player that when in shape makes a big difference for the team.

Zebina 6.5 -
    In the first part of the season he was very good, becoming Camo partner . Later, an injury and a slump in form makes him loose the final sprint for the scudetto. Nice player, but i prefer him in the bench.we will need to search for someone more in this position

Appiah 6.5 - Mixture of good and bad. His first part of the season was erratical, although he put his share of good work in the final rounds of the lega. A player to keep it as a valuable substitute.

Blasi 6 - A defensive midfielder at the old style. He contributes, but lack ball skills and sometimes misread the game. He is kind of a "poor" tachinarddi. We need to bring someone and sell him....

Camoranesi 9.5 -For me, the most valuable player of this season. Remember Bes calling Camo "consistantly inconsistent "?...Well he has been the one that gave us a more consistent performance this year. Oh yeah, he loose balls, but he also recuperates many of them. His ball posession, the way he manage to controlled crazy passes, his services, his reading the game, injury resistant, how he switch to center midfield... A fundamental player to won the 28

Emerson 8 - Indispensabile. Order in the manouvre, he is the glue that allows juve to be so disciplined in the midfield.Offensively not a good year for him, he was better his last year at Roma. Lack the explosivity of Davids but never mess up and never risk.If we sell him. we will have troubles.....

Nedved 7 - Not a good year for needy, but anyhow his goals has been in very critical games of the season. A fighter that, even in a low shape, have a sustantial weight in the game. We need to find one to remplace him very soon

Olivera 6.5 - Highs and lows.He is still a very valuable player that incides in the game.

Tacchinardi - A real great players, also out of the pitch. Never a world of complain after a whole season sitted in the bench.

ATTACCANTI

Del Piero 9 - This men is so charismatic that even in a irregular season he has managed to become determinant for his team.
    seated in the bench many times, he hasnt complained. Without playing fantastic, he scores and make the team win.Those who propose to sell DP, i invite you to sell your ass, too.

Ibrahimovic 9.5 - Class, skill and so much future in the legs of this enourmous swede. Pace, skill, incredible dribbling, a master of bodypress.... Of course, he needs to mature and forget about his childish attitudes. But he will be certanly a "Pallone di Oro". An fouriclasse by himself....seems the next juve leyend....

Trezeguet 8 - He began this season in great form, but injuries keep him out of the regular team. Even so, he has done it again, marking precious goals against Madrid and Milan. Very probably he will left this season. A man lucky or magically doted to score when needed.

Zalayeta 7.5 - I suppose every team in the world wishes to have a bencher so able to respond when needed. But he needs to stay that way . As a regular, he lacks consistency. Very valuable this year, i hope he mantain his shape next seasons...

All. Capello 10 - The puppet master…his bussiness is not the beautiful football nor the flair , but the three points he use to get in each game.Nor the elegance of Lippi or the goodness of Ancelotti, this man rings very much for efficiency and could make a depthless team campione the Italy. If we keep him for two or three years we will be very awarded.....

JUventuz forum fans 5 - Almost half of us (me not included) were whinning and tearing at the beggining of the season, profetizing a big fall down...well, look at what can a cheap, dull, depthless, mediocre team can do when they get the balls to the field...

FORZA JUVE......read my sign....

Aug 1, 2003
    I disagree Eaglesnake. This was not Zambro's worst season, far from it. He was extremely vital to the team.

And I love Cannavaro and think hes done extremely well for this season, but he has had a few bad games (and goals) to his name. Nevertheless, it was compensated

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Well not to forget about some of the highlights of our season (how our players performed) + some events that occurred.

The Good
    - Buffon always there to save us when we r in danger
    - Thuram and Cannavaro solid as a rock
    - Zambrotta contributing more defensively rather than offensively, but he does a good job in that. Makes few mistakes
    - Emerson helping our defenders time and time again and shutting down attackers. Makes few mistakes. In fact he makes our midfield structure complete.
    - Camo is becoming 1 of our most important players this season, providing assists to our players. A consistent player!
    - Zlatan, in his 1st season in Serie A has done superb, scoring 16 goals at the moment and his creativity created problems for opposing defenders.
    - Zalayeta, a good backup that never complain about us when he is used mainly as a sub. And he is a really good player when depended on. I love his backheels and his volley against Real Madrid.
    - Pessoto, a reliable player to depend on. Same goes for Birindelli
    - Ferrara, a legend

The Bad
    - Zebina's injury and his slump in the later part of the season, players somehow managed to get pass him.
    - Trez's injury has affected us becos we lost a constant goalscorer. Things r doing fine, but his absence can be felt.
    - DP's inconsistent form. But since he is doing well in the later parts of the season, I'm not complaining now.
    - A very bad problem to select Emerson's partner, not only do we lack creativity, we also experienced some potentially fatal errors from him (partner) becos hs lost the ball easily and fail to make a decent pass.
    - Nedved. Perhaps age and injury has come up to him, his form has been dipping. I hope we can find a replacement for him soon.
    - Kapo, not having enough chances and is bound to leave.
    - Montero, nothing to add

The Ugly
    - Mutu, involving in a cocaine incident which led to him being sacked by Chelsea and is being forced to pay 8 million pounds.
    - Cannavaro, the media is propagating their anti-Juve campaign and tried to get Cannavaro into trouble by showing him getting injected WITH A LEGAL DRUG in his Parma days in 1999 and blanketing Veron's face. This has created a significant damage to our club, but luckily we were able to get through.
    - Zeman and Miccoli talking rubbish, wad's sad is that their rubbish r repeated. I really think that these 2 can work together really well. However Zeman isn't that bad as we thought, juz that he is strongly against drugs.
    - Zlatan, headbutted 3 times this season, namely against Udinese, Reggina and Inter, and he was caught for the headbutt on Mihajlovic after being provoked by the latter. He also shoved his arm towards Cordoba, and resulted in a 3 game ban (actually it is 2, but he is banned for the Lazio game for picking up 4 yellow cards).
    - Olivera, a hot-tempered lad, rather inconsistent and gets booked unnecessarily. Was rightfully sent off for strangling a Chievo player after he was kicked and acted like a coward afterwards

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    I agree with almost every single one of your ratings Eaglesnake, except Blasi. Ok, his offensive qualities are absolute shit, but Blasi is more of a player who lets the other midfielders play better by doing all the dirty work. Maybe he isn't good enough to start, but I really hope we don't sell him.

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    Juventus 28: The title trail
    Palermo’s draw at Milan was enough to hand Juventus the Italian championship. Football Italia looks back at how they lifted their latest Scudetto.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s mission accomplished for Juventus who return to winning ways after the disappointment of finishing last season empty-handed. The European giants are once more Campioni d’Italia after pipping Milan to the Scudetto, in one of the most thrilling and tight title races the calcio viewing public has ever seen.

The Old Lady of Italian football was forced to have a little facelift in the summer. She was looking decidedly tired after the wonder years of Marcello Lippi’s reign. New blood was needed and that duly arrived in the shape of boss Fabio Capello and numerous players in what some dubbed a risky transfer campaign.

There were no doubts about Capello’s ability but question marks remained about director general Luciano Moggi’s summer dealings. Emerson, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Fabio Cannavaro, Jonathan Zebina and Manuele Blasi were brought in but they sacrificed the likes of Enzo Maresca, Marco Di Vaio and Fabrizio Miccoli in return.

There were also critics who claimed that Ibrahimovic would take too long to settle and that Cannavaro, after a nightmare spell at Inter, was past his best. Yet all five of the major signings settled in almost instantly, with Cannavaro, Emerson and Ibra – also thanks to David Trezeguet’s injury – quickly establishing themselves as the new spine of the side.

The Turin giants started the season early due to their Champions’ League commitments but that seemed to favour their plans. The re-union of former Parma teammates Cannavaro, Lilian Thuram and goalkeeper Gigi Buffon gave Juventus a defensive security that was so badly lacking last term.

Juventus flew out of the blocks after winning eight and drawing one of their first nine League games. They surprisingly tasted defeat at Reggina but some questionable refereeing decisions, this time against Juve rather than in their favour, contributed to the shock reverse. That was only a minor set-back though, as was Trezeguet’s three-month lay-off given that Marcelo Zalayeta expertly replaced him when called upon.

It was all becoming too easy for Juventus, who by now had a six-point advantage over Milan, until they got a rather rude wake-up call at Inter. Leading 2-0 at the San Siro, they "admired themselves in the mirror" as Capello stated, when the Nerazzurri scored twice in the last 10 minutes to grab a dramatic point.

That was the start of a mini-crisis in form for the Bianconeri as the first signs of tiredness were setting in, with Capello rarely opting to rotate his squad as Milan and Inter had. Yet Juve still had a four-point lead over the Rossoneri, thanks to a narrow and lucky 1-0 win at Bologna, when Milan arrived at the Delle Alpi. The away side dominated the game but Juve were more than happy to pick up a draw and a 0-0 followed.

Despite a lack of quality alternatives for Capello, the outfit used the January transfer window to remove a few more of the ‘Old Guard’. Igor Tudor joined Siena, Bologna signed Nicola Legrottaglie and Mark Iuliano headed for Majorca.

By January 30, the title race was seemingly over. Juventus had stretched their lead over Milan to eight points and the fun and games were up. The San Siro outfit had basically ripped the tricolore shields off their shirts in surrender. They started to stitch them back on just four games later as Juve lost 1-0 to Sampdoria and Palermo, while drawing at Messina. It was all level again.

La Vecchia Signora was struggling badly by now. Trezeguet had returned from his shoulder lay-off but his campaign would continue to be hampered by a virus and then an ankle problem. To make matters worse, Pavel Nedved was also struck down by a knee injury and then concussion which kept him out for some time too. Yet when the going gets tough, Juventus get going. Capello decided that the only way to cope without Nedved was to attack and he switched to a 4-3-3 system that awoke the side.

Testimony of that came in victories over Real Madrid in the Champions’ League but also in the 2-1 win at Roma. The March 5 tie was one of the most eagerly awaited of the campaign after the summer exits of Capello, Emerson and Zebina. The Bianconeri won, even if in controversial circumstances, to underline that they still believed in the title.

Juventus and Milan continued to exchange almost identical blows, with the 1-0 loss to Inter in Turin bringing the teams once more level on points. They went into the San Siro clash in early May all square at the top of the table knowing that whoever won the showdown would probably go on to lift the title.

The then 27-time champions arrived at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza in silence. The three-match ban on Zlatan Ibrahimovic, plus the broadcast of the Cannavaro ‘doping’ video, hadn’t gone down too well with club officials. If the media blackout was enforced to unite and focus the squad then it worked as Trezeguet returned to the starting line-up to basically head home the title winner. A victory against Parma, plus Milan’s inability to beat Lecce and Palermo with the Champions' League Final on their minds, made mathematically sure of a championship that was richly deserved.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    Juventus' season:

Goal Keeper

Buffon : 8 --- a good job all season, very consistant no mistakes other than the atalanta joke. But he is not the SUper Buffon we all want from him, so I expect more next season.

Defenders

Cannvaro : 9 --- Our best defender and perhaps in serie A, out classed Nesta this season. Became the guy back in Parma.

Thuram : 8.5 --- Slower start than Cannavaro but played many matches with dominance.

Zambrotta : 8 --- Didnt go forward as much but played a relative error free season. Did his job consistantly well.

Zebina : 7 --- I know many criticise him but his performance with Juve have been good, he only lacks quickness and thats why he gets burned often by quick wingers. Improved a lot this season.

Birindelli : 7 --- came on the pitch and did his job, no crucial mistakes, reliable sub.

Pessotto : 7.5 --- made some pretty solid appearances for Juventus, I cant give him more coz he didn't feature as much but he was there when we needed him and in many matches gave us the much needed balance in midfield.

Montero : 6.5 --- I think his time here is over, even as a sub. But Much respect to this once class defender.

Ferrara : 7 --- when he came on he did well

Midfield

Camoranese : 9 --- The one who gave us a drive, didnt do it as spectacularly as nedved did 2 years ago. But man he became very consistant with many quality dribbles and passes.

Emerson : 9 --- Indispensable this season, so much so that he was over worked. He is our midfield holder and our 3rd Centerback for many of the matches. Our defense is that strong because we have him.

Blasi : 6.5 --- Started off well, then got a bit ugly in the middle of the season, but he has contributed to the solid team that we have.

Nedved : 8 --- Injuries kept him from his best, but when he was healthy and fit he mostly delivered satisfactory performances, not like the ones 2 years ago but somewhat better than last year's.

Olivera : 7 --- HOt head, inconsistant performance during the game. Shows much talent yet so far from realizing them.

Kapo : 7 --- havent seen so much of his performances, hasnt brought anything much to Juve, hasnt played like he did last year. Many injuries also.

Appiah : 6.5 --- played a good game against Milan, had a good start then got really ugly but bounced back recently. Nonetheless this is his rating for the season.

Tacchinardi : 6.5 --- Didnt show much more than the other DM, just seemed like the 11th person when he came on which is just to complete the team and give a bit energy to the midfield.

Forwards

Zlatan : 8.5 --- Adapted well in serie A, took a while to adapt with Juventus but he has done exeptionally well, could have been our man of the season if his finishing was better and his headers as good as the ones he made on other players.

Trezeguet : 7.5 --- Out with injury for most part of the season but scored some vital goals. He can be invisible for most of the game and suddenly score.

Zalayeta : 7.5 --- scored us vital goals, played some good football, showed improvement in ball handling, came off the benched and looked effective most of the time.

Del Piero : 7.5 --- fluctuative season, seems to improve alot moralely and mentaly due to Capello's preference of benching him. Good game against Milan and bad for Del Piero that the season is ending when he is regaining his form.

Team :

Capello : 9 --- Did an excellent job with the team he had, salute him for daring to rightly sub Del Piero which helped the player ti regain his form. Make some very good tactical moves through-out the year failing badly only to the game at Home versus Liverpool.

Team Solidness: 8.5 --- we were great on defence no doubt, we really showed we were a solid team. Lacked some offensive teamwork though so I cant give more than what I have given for Juve as a Team.

In all, im glad to say that with overall not fancy performances we were able to win the Scudetto. We have lots of room for improvement which is good considering we are at the end of the season. We have some young players in this team with Talent, in particular those still underperforming like Blasi and Appiah who have recieved much criticism in this forum (rightly). And also Kapo and Olivera. I believe strongly that these players can grow and become very useful players, may be not Zlatan's calibre and potential but surely useful to Juventus.

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    :touched:

I just feel that Blasi is not competent enough in Juventus. But maybe he needs more time.
    Blasi is not that bad , he is better than tachi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)