Bid rumour (1 Viewer)

acedriver

Jan 23, 2004
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4559027.stm

Juventus shares up on bid rumour

Shares in Juventus have surged amid rumours that investors, including the son of Colonel Gaddafi, are set to buy a majority stake in the football team.

Website dagospia.com claims that investment firm Ifil is about to sell 60% of Juventus to Al-Saadi Gaddafi and team managing director Luciano Moggi.

Juventus shares have jumped 15% this week despite Ifil's denials.

Turin-based Juventus is one of Italy's most successful teams and is on the way to winning this year's championship.

Crossed wires?

Speaking on Wednesday, an Ifil spokesman said that the unsourced report on the website report was wrong.

"There's no such plan being studied," the spokesman said. "We are comfortable (with the holding) and don't want to sell."

Referring to the online article, the spokesman said that "none of this is true".

His comments took some of the steam out of Juventus shares, but they were still trading 6.8% higher at 1.53 euros at 1234 GMT.

Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi already owns 7.5% of Juventus.

His son Al-Saadi has a love of football and was taken on as a professional player with Italian side Perugia. In the past he has been linked to potential bids for Liverpool and Crystal Palace in the past.

The report on the Italian website said that there was resistance within Juventus to the plan to sell shares to the two investors.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Isnt Juventus owned by the Agnelli family? If so, I really doubt they would have the reason to sell. They might sell some stocks, but I doubt they would give up the controling package.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Isnt Juventus owned by the Agnelli family? If so, I really doubt they would have the reason to sell. They might sell some stocks, but I doubt they would give up the controling package.
nope, it's not that simple. As far as I remember, Ifil company owns most of the stocks, and Agnelli family owns most of Ifil company.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by acedriver ] ++

Shares in Juventus have surged amid rumours that investors, including the son of Colonel Gaddafi, are set to buy a majority stake in the football team.

Website dagospia.com claims that investment firm Ifil is about to sell 60% of Juventus to Al-Saadi Gaddafi and team managing director Luciano Moggi.

Turin-based Juventus is one of Italy's most successful teams and is on the way to winning this year's championship.

Crossed wires?

Speaking on Wednesday, an Ifil spokesman said that the unsourced report on the website report was wrong.

"There's no such plan being studied," the spokesman said. "We are comfortable (with the holding) and don't want to sell."

Referring to the online article, the spokesman said that "none of this is true".

His comments took some of the steam out of Juventus shares, but they were still trading 6.8% higher at 1.53 euros at 1234 GMT.

His son Al-Saadi has a love of football and was taken on as a professional player with Italian side Perugia. In the past he has been linked to potential bids for Liverpool and Crystal Palace in the past.

The report on the Italian website said that there was resistance within Juventus to the plan to sell shares to the two investors.

An article with such a phrase loses its credibility for me.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
But if this were to happen it wouldnt be the end of the world IMO. Ghadaffi has a lot of money and he's a fan, which is, combined with a good staff and not too much direct interference, a better deal than someone who's in it for the profit.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Article by sports.it, translated via Babelfish:

In the last days numerous voices are being ollowed on a possible disengagement of the family Agnelli from the Juventus, club that the Turinese dynasty controls practically gives beyond ottant' years.

According to these voices, bounced on the web and not only,the IFIL, financial institution of the family Agnelli who stops 62% of the club, could yield the own quota: in this way, the only tie between the Juventus and the eredi of Giovanni and Umberto could be in future Lapo Elkann, candidatosi to the presidency of the society, assignment that could only cover but between a pair of years.

Why this disengagement? Substantially the IFIL would embed fresh money yielding a society healthy and fruitful in order to plow back them in other asset as I throw again of FIAT. And that the Juventus makes throat is testified from the rise had in ag in these of the actions to bianconere, than a po' for the fascination of the imminent Badge, a po' because many "orphaned" shareholders of the hegemonized Manchester from Malcom Glazer, have decided to head at the "Old Mrs."

Who could become therefore the new propietario of the Juventus? The indiziato number one is the LAFICO, tied Libyan society to tifosissimo the bianconero Saadi Gheddafi, already director of the Tamoil operation, oil company controlata adlla same LAFICO, already only Co-sponsor of the Zebra in the last years and only sponsor from 1° July 2005 for a figure of 110 million euro for next the five years.

Gheddafi and the LAFICO would become dunuqe the new ones padoni of the Juventus, ready to invest also on the calciomercato one, while to operating level, it would not have to change null, in the sense that the "formed Triade " from Luciano Moggi, Antoio Girudo and Roberto Bettega would remain very knits on the bridge.

Only voices? It seems, but voices that "they have already pushed" it puts into effect it them property to refute all through the office prints of the IFIL. And because to refute something that not to foundation?

Geof

May 14, 2004
Ifil is the big holding, in wich FIAT and Juve are parts. The holding owns 60% of Juve's shares.

The point is that Ifil may want to sell it's parts of Juventus to boost FIAT, which is in difficulty right now.

Possible buyers would be Ghaddafi, or, says the article, the ex-owners of ManUtd parts (Malcolm Glazer bought them over).

I don't believe this. I really don't think the Agnelli would want to sell, but on the other hand, Umberto and Giovanni are now gone, and I don't really know what this Lappon Ellkan is worth...

anyway, the TRIADE stays in charge. Forza Moggi, Giraudo e Bettega!

If you need further info, here is the classic answer on this forum:

Ask Shadowfax

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
If this does happen, it will meen that we would have more spending power than Chelsea. Ghaddafi doesn´t only control billions of euros, he practically owns an entire country, although nothing is in his name and I guess that´s why he doesn´t make the Forbes 500 list.

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
++ [ originally posted by acedriver ] ++

Crossed wires?

We need Abramovic :greedy:

Len

Feb 13, 2004
In like 10 years, all big teams will probably be taken over and have large sums of money available

OP
acedriver

acedriver

Jan 23, 2004
  • Thread Starter #17
    Article on Agnelli eager to sell

http://www.globeinvestor.com/servlet/ArticleNews/story/GAM/20050519/RTICKERJUV19?

Agnelli family eager to sell stake in Juventus, Italian report suggests

Shares of Juventus Football Club SpA climbed after daily MF reported that Ifil SpA, the company through which the Agnelli family controls the soccer team, wants to sell its stake in the Turin club.

Juventus's shares, which were temporarily suspended in Milan, rose 8.3 per cent to €1.55 ($2.47), the highest since Nov. 11, 2004. More than 2 million shares changed hands yesterday, the most since May 29, 2003, the day after the team lost the European Champions League final to AC Milan. An Ifil spokesman denied it plans to sell its stake.

U.S. billionaire Malcolm Glazer has purchased 75.7 per cent of British soccer club Manchester United PLC in a $1.45-billion (U.S.) takeover bid and said he plans to take the company private.

Juventus is leading Italy's Serie A league, which may make it attractive for investors looking for shares to replace their Manchester United holdings.

"Investors are willing to put money into the club, due to what happened with Manchester United," said Alessandro Frigerio, who helps manage the equivalent of $621-million at Pigoli Consulenza in Milan. "Juventus will be the new benchmark for soccer shares once Manchester is delisted."

Ifil controls 62 per cent of Juventus, which has a market value of about €187-million.

"Big institutional investors may be moving their sports holdings to Juventus now," said Gabriele Pinosa, an investment adviser at Opus Consulting in Milan.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    I don't understand it....

Why would the Agnellis want to sell the club?

This is not Manure to bring you $1.5 billion (still not worth it)

It makes no sense.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    But if this were to happen it wouldnt be the end of the world IMO. Ghadaffi has a lot of money and he's a fan, which is, combined with a good staff and not too much direct interference, a better deal than someone who's in it for the profit.
    It is the end of the world.I don't want Juve to be owned by anyone who is not Italian,speceally Ghadaffi and his family.
    Ghadaffi can buy Reggina,Lecce,Atalanta,Piacenza...not Juve.
    We are big Italian club and I don't know what's going on I'm pretty confused!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)