why juve will go red... (1 Viewer)

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
although red plays no part in juve's history, wearing red gives a team an advantage playing sports. as crazy as it sounds read the article...

=================================================
Winners wear red, study says
18/05/2005 12:26 - (SA)

Paris - Wearing red gives such an advantage in sport that it may need to be regulated in order to ensure that matches are fair, a team of scientists say.

Anthropologists at the University of Durham, northeastern England, looked at the outcome of contests in four disciplines in the 2004 Olympic Games - boxing, tae kwon do, Greco-Roman wrestling and freestyle wrestling - where competitors were randomly assigned red or blue outfits.

Contestants wearing red won 55 percent of the matches, compared to those wearing blue.

Out of 21 rounds in these competitions, 16 were worn by those wearing red.

The red advantage prevailed across weight classes, too. Nineteen of 29 classes had more red winners than blue.

The scientists believe red is subliminally associated with aggression and male dominance, and so wearers of that colour may get a hidden advantage.

In nature, red is linked with the male hormone testosterone.

In humans, for instance, anger often causes a reddening of the skin to increased blood flow, whereas fear is associated with pallor as the body responds to an external threat.

The study, authored by Russell Hill and Robert Barton, took a peek at the Euro 2004 football tournament, in which teams wore shirts of different colours in different matches.

Teams scored more goals and had more wins when they played in red than when they played in other colours.

In sport, if factors such as strength and skill are equal, "wearing red presumably tips the balance between losing and winning", the study says.

Colours have long been known to influence human moods, but this is the first time that they have been confirmed as a factor in sports contests.

"The implications for regulations governing sporting attire may also be important," the authors say. "The colour of sportswear needs to be taken into account to ensure a level playing field in sport."

The study appears on Thursday in the weekly British science journal Nature.
================================================
here's the link http://www.news24.com/News24/Sport/More_Sport/0,,2-9-32_1706900,00.html

this is cool....come to think of it the champions league final is between liverpool and ac, both wear red.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
It is great. I wanna see the new generation of Juventus FC. New owner, new bosses and new arena. new kind of players : ZLATAN!!
It will be exciting... I just hope that Moggi stays and ensures everything will be allright, same with CapellO!!!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
that's ermm... remotely interesting but thoroughly irrelevant

btw Milan will wear white in the Champions League final.

another interesting thing is that every time Liverpool have won the CL, they've worn red against a team wearing white.

I don't know if this justifies wearing red, just because statistics show that teams wearing red have done better in the past.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
haha, colors dont matter. Its all a coinsidence that the winning teams wear red. We are great 28 scudetti in black & white or pink or blue...
Fvck red ;)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
that's ermm... remotely interesting but thoroughly irrelevant

btw Milan will wear white in the Champions League final.

another interesting thing is that every time Liverpool have won the CL, they've worn red against a team wearing white.

I don't know if this justifies wearing red, just because statistics show that teams wearing red have done better in the past.
The Chicago Bulls
Ferrari
Manchester United

I think thats what they base their assumptions on. Unfortunately, i dont think thats enough to signify the advantage of red over any other colour in sport.

PS: Yes, and i do believe Liverpool will make it no. 5 against Milan come the 25th. 1-0 is the scoreline im predicting this time around.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
The Chicago Bulls
Ferrari
Manchester United

I think thats what they base their assumptions on. Unfortunately, i dont think thats enough to signify the advantage of red over any other colour in sport.
Exactly; and there are so many counter-examples of this 'theory' that it's quite ridiculous really.
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
PS: Yes, and i do believe Liverpool will make it no. 5 against Milan come the 25th. 1-0 is the scoreline im predicting this time around.
For some reason I'm seeing Liverpool win it as well. Who would've thought at the start of the season that Liverpool be 'favourites' against Milan in the Champions League final :D

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
Am I the only one so far who thinks this is pure bollocks?
Not at all.

Even scientists are not what they used to be. Wouldnt their time be better spent trying to find a cure for aids, or cancer, or something actually important?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Not at all.

Even scientists are not what they used to be. Wouldnt their time be better spent trying to find a cure for aids, or cancer, or something actually important?
Exactly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)