A Review of Juventus’s Season (1 Viewer)

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
+++By Goal.com +++
What kept you going throughout the season? Great (or at least encouraging) results? Hope that things could only get better? Or simply blind loyalty? I have been following Juventus for a while now. What kept me going is that I'm a fan. I guess it's a combination of both great results and loyalty.
• What were the best moments of the campaign – for example, the best performance / result?

Despite the low score, I would say that Juve’s best performance was against Milan that would most likely determine the Scudetto winner this year.

• And what were the worst?

The worst was probably getting knocked out of the Champions’ League at home to Liverpool. Juve just needed a single goal and they didn’t seem to care enough to get it. I am pleased that they managed the shutout, though, despite being eliminated.

• Who was your team’s best player of the season?

There are too many to choose from. However, I would say that Fabio Cannavaro has proven his worth at Juve in only one season thus far. I hope he repeats next year. He is the ONE player I have been hoping would join Juve for the longest time and I finally got my wish this season and he’s shown why I’ve wanted him at Juve for so long.

• And the worst?

Tough to say. Even their players coming off the bench have been great, namely Gianluca Pessotto and Marcelo Zalayeta. If I had to pick one, it would probably be Alessio Tacchinardi. He had always been one of my favorite players at Juve wearing the Captain’s armband on numerous occasions, but has lost his starting spot to Manuele Blasi.

• How did you rate the performance of your manager/coach?

For his first season at Juve, Fabio Capello has managed to get the job done. At first, I was unhappy when I heard he would be Juve’s new coach after Marcelo Lippi left, but Capello has proven me wrong and is one win away from claiming his first championship at his new club.

• And the squad? (If you like, give the players marks out of ten, where ten is out of this world and one absolutely awful)

Overall, the squad has pleased me. I’ll rate some of my favorite Juve players:

Gianluigi Buffon: 9
Gianluca Pessotto: 8
Alex Del Piero: 7
Pavel Nedved: 7.5
Gianluca Zambrotta: 9
Fabio Cannavaro: 10

• What was your side’s goal of the season?

I live in the United States so I don’t get to view Juve games unless their Champions’ League games. However, I would say the assist of the season would go to Del Piero against Milan. I’ve seen the pix of him doing the bicycle kick. One word: awesome.

• And what was the biggest howler during the campaign (eg a crazy own goal, shocking miss, bizarre team selection, etc)

There’s just something about Zlatan Ibrahimovic missing easy goals but scoring rather difficult ones. I was upset that he missed the point blank shot against Liverpool in the second leg of the Quarter-Finals.

• Who were the best opponents your team came up against?

I think the best opponents we faced this season were Inter. We led 2-0 late in the game at the San Siro, but Inter came back to draw the match at 2-2 and in the second meeting, Inter managed a 1-0 victory on Juve soil.

• And the worst?

I think the worst team we faced this season was AC Siena. In two meetings, we came away with 3-0 victories, Del Piero scoring four of the six goals against them.

• How did the media generally treat your club?

I didn’t hear too much bad press about Juve this season. Heck, in the first half of the month, all anyone said was Juve’s unstoppable and they’re the team to beat.

• What was the biggest slice of luck that went your way during the season?

I didn’t see the game against Milan, but I hear that Collina failed to award an obvious penalty to Milan which would have put the game back even. On that same note, I hear that Nesta should have been sent off for Milan as well.

• And what was the most outrageous in justice?

Right now, I can’t think of any.

• Looking ahead to next season, who would you most like to see arrive at your club?

I’m happy with the way Juve are right now, but I would like to see Nesta join them, though, I know that won’t happen, especially since Juve must sell anyone before anyone can join them.

• And which person(s) would you most like to see leave it?

I hear this is Ciro Ferrara’s last season as a player which upsets me since I’ve always been fond of him. If I had to see anyone leave it’d probably be Stephen Appiah. He hasn’t really found a spot on the team since Capello joined the squad.

• Overall, how did the campaign measure up to your pre-season expectations, and how did it compare with other seasons in which you’ve been following them?

I am very pleased with Juve’s season this year despite there being two games left of the season. Juve just need two points to clinch the title and bring it back to Turin and a win on Sunday at Livorno Calcio will be enough regardless of what Milan do versus Palermo. I am disappointed that they were knocked out by Liverpool in the Champions’ League, though.

• What are your expecting from next season?

If they win the Scudetto this year, they’ll be just two titles away from adding a third gold star to their jerseys. I would love to see that happen sooner rather then later, however, after being so close to the Champions’ League title two years ago, I’d like for them to focus on that and the Coppa Italia. One more title in the Coppa Italia and they’ll receive a silver star to their jerseys. Whatever happens, Forza Juve!

Jeremy (Las Vegas, NV - USA)
Nice but look at this:
Gianluigi Buffon: 9
Gianluca Pessotto: 8
Alex Del Piero: 7
Pavel Nedved: 7.5
Gianluca Zambrotta: 9
Fabio Cannavaro: 10
Where is camoranesi??
I think mr. Jeremy didn't watch Juve games but just came up with a nice formalized text.
I think he was our best player this season, he should get at least 9. What do you think??

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I wil give my version of my review later, becos there r some curcial factors missing. Where is Zlatan + Thuram + Emerson? surely they must have done something to make us proud.

OP
JuveBoy

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    I like your avatar, JuveBoy. It has that undefinable quality.. :D
    His face tells everything: he was always defeated by Juve :D

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by JuveBoy ] ++

Nice but look at this:

Where is camoranesi??
    I think mr. Jeremy didn't watch Juve games but just came up with a nice formalized text.
    I think he was our best player this season, he should get at least 9. What do you think??

It says he is raiting HIS favorite Juve players. As you can see he isn't really pleased with Del piero and Nedveds season. He rated his favorites.

I agree Camoranesi was our best player this season. A new galactico maybe. ;D

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
    Ehm, I'll try to explain it better.
    " I’ll rate some of my favorite Juve players"

It's his usual favorite Juventus players, who's seasons he is rating. He is not rating the best Juve players of this season, but his usual favorites... bla.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    you can sort of tell that this guy doesn't watch most of Juve's matches...
    There r 2 obvious games which that lad failed to point out, namely Reggina and roma.

Tino

Il Tedesco
    Feb 1, 2005
    Is this thread about Juveboys Avatar? :)

I read this Text on goal.com too!
    And I think he not watch so many games from Juve.

I´ll think too that Cmao was the best, but also one of the best and a little bit behind Camo is Zambrotta!

And what do you think was the best goal?
    1.Del Piero´s Backheel aganist (I dont know the opponent!) :)
    2.Zalas goal against Real
    3.Trezes goal against Sampdoria

Forza Juve

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Esteban ] ++
    Ehm, I'll try to explain it better.
    " I’ll rate some of my favorite Juve players"

It's his usual favorite Juventus players, who's seasons he is rating. He is not rating the best Juve players of this season, but his usual favorites... bla.
    what I wanted to say.

PeeMaN

Apr 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Tino ] ++

Nedved's vs Ajax, really nice:thumb:

OP
    JuveBoy

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #19
    ++ [ originally posted by Tino ] ++
    Is this thread about Juveboys Avatar? :)

I read this Text on goal.com too!
    And I think he not watch so many games from Juve.

I´ll think too that Cmao was the best, but also one of the best and a little bit behind Camo is Zambrotta!

Forza Juve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)