Alberto Gilardino (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geof

May 14, 2004
After netting 4 this week-end, the Parma striker has confirmed he is the hottest transfer target for the summer to come.

Every big club inside Italy, and Real Madrid have been linked with him. The poor results of Parma and their hazardous financial situation might force them to sell him.

IMO he deserves his own thread in here (for the case Moggi would read this!).

here are some of the latest articles concerning him:

Football Italia:

Inter eye new Adriano partner
Monday 2 May, 2005
Inter boss Roberto Mancini says Adriano will remain with the club and could even be partnered by Alberto Gilardino next season.

The Nerazzurri tactician made the statement when he was asked to comment on stories that Chelsea are ready to offer £70m for the Brazilian.

"It would be a very impressive offer but a correct one considering that he is an extraordinary player," said the Coach.

"It is also certainly true that we could use that money to buy a host of players but Adriano is too important for us."

Stories last week suggested that Inter would target Parma’s Gilardino if they sacrificed Adriano, but Mancio hinted that the two players could in fact co-exist.

"Gilardino is a great attacker and he is of interest to us," stated Mancini after the striker netted four in the 6-4 win over Livorno yesterday.

Inter were also victorious on Sunday afternoon when they beat Siena 2-0 to maintain third place in the table.

"It was a very hot day and therefore it was difficult to play in that situation," added the Sampdoria legend.

"Why are we not still challenging for the title? We conceded too many goals at the start of this season," he explained.

"In order to win championships, you need to score as many as we have but let in far fewer than we have."

The San Siro giants have scored 60 League goals so far, but have also picked the ball out of their net on 34 occasions.

Sports.it
Gilardino non vuole il Real
La quaterna rifilata da Gilardino al Livorno non ha fatto altro che convincere, qualora ce ne fosse stato bisogno, Arrigo Sacchi e il Real Madrid sulla opportunità di provare ad ingaggiare il bomber biellese.

Il Real Madrid è ormai da tempo pronto a portare in Spagna Gilardino e lasciare magari tornare Michael Owen in Inghiilterra. Del resto, Arrigo Sacchi, dirigente delle merengues, ha sempre stravisto per l'attaccante parmenense e ha spinto il Real a preparare un assegno da almeno 25 milioni di euro per avere il giocatore.

Gilardino, che interessa sì al Real ma anche al Milan (che dovrebbe avere, secondo nostre informazioni, un forte diritto di prelazione sul giocatore se non addirittura lo ha già fermato) e all'Inter. Sacchi, come è stato notato da tutti gli osservatori presenti al Tardini, ha assistito in prima persona all'eccezionale prestazione dell'attaccante e poi, nelle ore successive al match, ha incontrato l'amministratore delegato ducale, Luca Baraldi.

Oggetto dell'incontro, come anticipato dallo stesso Sacchi in tribuna ad alcuni confidenti, era proporre al Parma un'offerta ufficiale del Real per Gilardino. Il problema, per Sacchi, sarà che sia il giocatore ad accettare la sistemazione che, per quanto prestigiosa, potrebbe non essere ideale per un campione in ascesa come lui.

Papà Gilardino, mesi fa, in una intervista aveva rivelato: "Alberto non vuole il Real anche se Sacchi lo stima. Lì ci sono troppi galli nel pollaio. Anche nel Milan ci sono grandi campioni ma lì può giocare sul vantaggio di essere il più giovane".

Gazzetta.it

L'attaccante tranquillizza: "A gennaio non vado via, a giugno si vedrà. Carmignani? Ho già capito le sue idee. Il mio preferito è Prandelli, un grande uomo".

(didn't paste the whole article, it said he wanted to stay in January, and see what happens in June)

Tribalfootball

apa Gilardino reveals AC Milan deal: But we wanted Juventus!
tribalfootball.com - January 5, 2005

The father of Parma striker Alberto Gilardino has revealed an agreement has been struck with AC Milan for next season.

Gianfranco Gilardino also admitted both he and his son were sold against their wished.

He told Tuttosport yesterday: "Alberto will play with Milan next year. Only minor details need to be agreed. For me and also for him the transfer is one of disappointment: to go to Juve would have been the fulfillment of a dream."
"He added: "Juve could easily have signed Alberto. But they never came in for him :wallbang: Staying at Parma was a mistake this season, he would have been better off joining Roma last summer."

On Real Madrid's interest, Gilardino Snr said: "Alberto would never have gone to Madrid, even if he does admire Arrigo Sacchi. It is far too far away from his home.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Geof

Geof

May 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2
    Milan prefer Gilardino to Crespo

Written by Tang Chi-Fai

AC Milan (SW)

MILAN, Apr 25 (SW) � Rated as the best player at Parma, Alberto Gilardino could be joining AC Milan this summer, with Hernan Crespo possibly called back by Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho.

Although Crespo is in good form and very happy in Milan, he has indicated several times that Mourinho had called him, wanting him back to the Chelsea squad next season.

Milan do not think it is wise to fork out millions buying a 30-year-old either. They have the money, but to be invested in the youth, such as Gilardino, second in the scorers table with 17 goals in Serie A this season.

Ironically, they shared their birthday on 5th of July, but while Crespo is going to be 30 this year, Gilardino will be just 23. Even Filippo Inzaghi has said the club is preparing to welcome him.

At the same time, to share Andrea Pirlo�s workload, the Rossoneri are joining the race for all-round midfielder Mark van Bommel. The 28-year-old Dutchman, who just captained PSV Eindhoven to their 18th league title with 4 matches to go, will become a free agent this summer. The move will possibly trigger Massimo Ambrosini to move out of San Siro.

Soccerway.com

OP
    Geof

Geof

May 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    Italian Football

Juventus fancy rumbling AC Milan for Gilardino
    tribalfootball.com - April 14, 2005

Juventus director general Luciano Moggi is ready to rumble AC Milan's plans of bringing Parma striker Alberto Gilardino to the San Siro next season.

Gilardino has agreed personal terms with Milan over a five-year contract, but Parma's £15 million asking price is proving a stumbling block.

Juve were prepared to leave the way clear for Milan, but injury concerns over David Trezeguet has Moggi reconsidering their position.

The Gilardino family are passionate Juve fans and the player's Dad confessed a move to Turin was their dream while revealing the deal with Milan earlier this year.

Juve chief Moggi, armed with a new budget backed by the Tamoil deal, would have no problem meeting Parma's demands should he get the go-ahead from coach Fabio Capello.

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    Well we surely can afford him this summer, but Moggi always tries to sell some to buy some, so it will be interesting to see were he goes.

But he's been linked with us forever, he's Italian and a keen goalscorer, I really want him or Cassano this summer.

btw good idea creating the thread, kinda supriced it came so late though. :)

OP
    Geof

Geof

May 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #6
    hell yeah I looked 4 times, cause I was scared making a double thread. lol

On topic: I think the only way to buy Gila is to sell Trezeguet. Honestly I think I'd prefer Gila over Cassano.
    Imagine this:

Zlatan-Gilardino
    Mutu

That's a deadly trident

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    Come to think about it I bet Parma wants Mutu back, perhaps it could be some kind of swap + money deal, although I really wanna see Mutu wearing old lady shizzle.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    I would take Gila over Trez any day now. This guy is simply insane, a mad goalscoring machine. And he's only 23 years old! Every club wants him after his performance against Livorno! He got a rating of 9 for that game! I wish that we can get our hands on him 1st b4 Milan does anything.

OP
    Geof

Geof

May 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++
    Come to think about it I bet Parma wants Mutu back, perhaps it could be some kind of swap + money deal, although I really wanna see Mutu wearing old lady shizzle.
    not a bad idea. And we have good links with Parma don't we?

I'd also like Mutu to be a bianconero, but if he has to go for Gila to come, then so be it

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    Well perhaps we could get both Gila and Cassano if such a deal is doable, since Trezeguet and Del Piero will most likely leave in the summer.

... And then we have Bojinov... Who could be a swap deal for Maresca and Miccoli.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++
    Well perhaps we could get both Gila and Cassano if such a deal is doable, since Trezeguet and Del Piero will most likely leave in the summer.

... And then we have Bojinov... Who could be a swap deal for Maresca and Miccoli.
    so you want a striking force of Zlatan, Mutu, Cassano, Bojinov and Gilardino?

:LOL:

OP
    Geof

Geof

May 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #13
    Both Cassano and Gila while Trez and Dp leave? that seems so un-Moggi. I think he'll sell Trez and sign a replacer (hopefully Gilardino), whil he'll keep most of the cash for midfield and defence

OP
    Geof

Geof

May 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #15
    ++ [ originally posted by archaon ] ++
    trezegoal should leave for gilardino

dp should stay
    that is in simple and clear words what I wanted to say

and what if the whole Cassano idea would be a huge smokescreen to get Gilardino?

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    Gila for Juve. Provided Zlatan is staying and we have a good back up striker, I don't care what the other part of the equation happens. Although I'd feel good if Mutu stayed.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    Del piero MUST leave at the end of the season,altough it sux to see trezeguet leave but I wouldn't mind to sell him for the right price (because of his bad luck with Juve injuries etc..)
    then if we can sign Gilardino,that would be wonderfull :thumb:

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

so you want a striking force of Zlatan, Mutu, Cassano, Bojinov and Gilardino?

:LOL:
    Na I don't, I'm not saying I want or that we will get all, I'm just counting the once weve linked and still are active with.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)