future juventus captain? (1 Viewer)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Cannavaro or Rambo, most consistent performers, I'd give it Canna as i think he's also the best leader in our team - though Emo comes close in that respect.

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #4
    i think zlatan's too short tempered to be a captain.
    but i guess tht doesnt matter,roy keane is short tempered too.
    but maybe ibra's discipline problem cud come in his way of becoming the juve captain.
    maybe 5-6 down on the road,u never know.

and i dont think cana will be made the future captain.he hasnt been at juve long enough.
    it shud be somone whos been at juve long enuff,and whos likely to stay at juve for a long time.
    for me that person is gigi.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
    i vote for gigi!!!!!

neddy can't be a captain,he'll retire before ale.
    cannavaro is just a year in juve
    and i don't think we will make zlatan our next captain... :groan:

OP
    HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #14
    hey..zambrotta's a nice choice:D
    provided that he stays at juve..im hearing some bad news which say tht he's already signed to chelsea:(

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Cannavaro or Zambrotta. Unfortunately though, since we say future captain, i dont see Canna being captain for too long given his age and time left with Juve. So it should be Gianluca Zambrotta.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
    Future captain means after Del Piero retires, because personally I don't think he is going anywhere.
    If you ask me how should the arm band go in Juve at the moment I'd say like this:
    Del Piero
    Ferrara
    Tacchinardi
    Pessotto
    Birindelli
    Zambrotta
    Thuram
    Buffon
    Nedved
    Camoranesi
    Cannavaro

Although I have all the respect for Thuram, but I think when Alex is not playing Zambrotta should wear the arm band or if Pessotto or Ferrara are on the field one of them should wear it before Zambrotta. I really think Juve should try to keep the band around an italian arm.
    About Tacchinardi's temper, during the past years he was our third captain after Del Piero and Ferrara (since conte didn't play much). He was very respectable and mature on the field. Infact during the days he was a captain he was very calm and produced his best football. Lippi new how to bring out the best out of Tacchinardi, unfortunatly Capello didn't. Tacchinardi is one of the best DM in Italy. To see such a talent sitting on the bench not used is really sad.
    I am not saying that Capello is a band coach.. No not at all, but I am just saying that I feel Lippi managed to deal with some situations better.
    The way Capello made Juvetus play gave us a very strong early season boost. The problem is that we became players dependant. We became depandat on Nedved and Emerson to the extreme. For me I think getting both Blasi and Emerson plus keeping Appiah was too much. We should have bought either emerson or Blais, or bought both and sold appiah to get an OM or a creative midfielder like Maresca/Pirlo style.
    Sorry got off topic and I hope this does not open a discussion here. I just wanted to justify my list above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)