A Del Piero thread that makes sense and has some brains behind it (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
Next season when we will have Mutu/Cassano, Zlatan and Trez should Del Piero be benched if he continues to play the way he has this season?.

I say yes, he should be benched, however i dont want him to be sold, i think he should at least play in Juve untill he gets to break the record of all time top scorer.

Only 8 goals to go...

Back to the topic at hand i feel Del Piero is our worst forward at the moment and would rather see Zalayeta play then him(close call), and with alternatives like the three mentioned before there is not a doubt in my mind he should be benched if he continues his poor form.

Answer intelligently otherwise SHUT UP lol

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
So the topic of this title is "Should Del Piero be benched" ?

Doesn't sound like anything new to me...

OP
Shoryuken

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
  • Thread Starter #8
    This whole thread is really just here to ridicule the SHUP UP campaign, they are so geekish.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by TonyMontana ] ++
    Who said anything about being new?
    Well you said that this Del Piero thread makes sense and has brains, but I'd have to disagree if it's exactly the same as every other mindless DP debate out there. We'll see how it goes though

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003

I say yes, he should be benched, however i dont want him to be sold, i think he should at least play in Juve untill he gets to break the record of all time top scorer.

Only 8 goals to go...
    I have seen a lot of stupid arguments in the past about why DP should remain at Juve - this is one of the worst of the lot.

We should keep him until he becomes record goal scorer?! WTF?

I guess I just have the opinion that it is the club that comes first, before any individual. If it is a choice of selling him now for say, 10 million, or let him play for another season (with performances like this one) so he gets the record, but then his market value is reduced to 5 million, I say sell him now.

I'd prefer Juve has another few million pounds in the bank, rather than DP having some record ( which whilst it would be nice, it's pretty pointless IMO).

OP
    Shoryuken

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by Monkfish ] ++

I have seen a lot of stupid arguments in the past about why DP should remain at Juve - this is one of the worst of the lot.

We should keep him until he becomes record goal scorer?! WTF?

I guess I just have the opinion that it is the club that comes first, before any individual. If it is a choice of selling him now for say, 10 million, or let him play for another season (with performances like this one) so he gets the record, but then his market value is reduced to 5 million, I say sell him now.

I'd prefer Juve has another few million pounds in the bank, rather than DP having some record ( which whilst it would be nice, it's pretty pointless IMO).
    Its nothing stupid about it, its a sign of respect for everything he has done for the club, Such a player like Del piero has to be shown the proper respect, like Argentina did for Batistuta in world cup 2002. They let him play so he could break the record of all time topscorer in the World Cups. Unfortunately he didnt succed but thats another story.

Youre idea of selling him now so that the club can make a couple of extra millions is moronic. What kind of respect is that? Yes, he isnt playing the best football of his life and yes we have better alternatives next season but i think he will do just fine as a substitute. Hes mother****ing Delpiero and has made this club more money then any other player. You cant just toss him aside like garbage after everything hes done for this club.

OP
    Shoryuken

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Well you said that this Del Piero thread makes sense and has brains, but I'd have to disagree if it's exactly the same as every other mindless DP debate out there. We'll see how it goes though
    That is to mess with the shut up campaign, and just because it isnt new doesnt mean it doesnt make sense.

Its like saying 1+1=2 doesnt make sense just because it isnt innovative.

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003

Its nothing stupid about it, its a sign of respect for everything he has done for the club, Such a player like Del piero has to be shown the proper respect, like Argentina did for Batistuta in world cup 2002. They let him play so he could break the record of all time topscorer in the World Cups. Unfortunately he didnt succed but thats another story.

Youre idea of selling him now so that the club can make a couple of extra millions is moronic. What kind of respect is that? Yes, he isnt playing the best football of his life and yes we have better alternatives next season but i think he will do just fine as a substitute. Hes mother****ing Delpiero and has made this club more money then any other player. You cant just toss him aside like garbage after everything hes done for this club.
    I thought I'd give this DP thread a try due to the fact it was claimed there was some brains behind it. I should have known better.

It's the same BS....AGAIN!

Shutup.

Sep 28, 2002

I thought I'd give this DP thread a try due to the fact it was claimed there was some brains behind it. I should have known better.

Shutup.
    you shut up. or go support chelsea.

OP
    Shoryuken

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
  • Thread Starter #17

Shutup.
    Make like Forrest Gump and buy yourself some chocolates.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)