Our most underrated player (1 Viewer)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
So, who do you think is our most underrated player? I'd still vote for Zalayeta. I think he should have been used far more often this season. On a world scale I would say Zambrotta is our most underrated player. I stumble upon people every day that wonder why Zambrotta is in the Italian national team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
So, who do you think is our most underrated player? I'd still vote for Zalayeta. I think he should have been used far more often this season. On a world scale I would say Zambrotta is our most underrated player. I stumble upon people every day that wonder why Zambrotta is in the Italian national team.
Zalayeta yes he is the underrated players while zambrotta lately had a very poor form , he is not like he used to be

Sep 28, 2002
zalayeta isnt underrated. he was used too much in my eyes as capello used to substitute del piero, deservedly or not in almost every game, most of the time for zalayeta. he got his fair share of matches, 24 in the league only, not bad for someone who shouldnt be more than a 5th choice striker in such club.

this season, i'd say birindelli.

Menace

Apr 22, 2005
i liked the overated thread better :D

Zebina is our most underated player
hes been called the worst def in the world too many times :stuckup:

loyada

Feb 6, 2005
I would said that camoranesi is the underrated player , he is one the most consistant player but not all people notice that.

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Menace ] ++
i guess legro and montero are better :wth:
our def became weaker when zebina got injured
because thuram started to play worse. i wouldnt associate that with zebina.

birindelli is better than zebina, but capello prefers his roma pupils, and also backup defenders lack match practice.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i dont think the team has one. we either have quality or rubbish at the club and no one gets the two mixed up these days.

as for zambrotta, i dont know anyone who has criticised him in the past few years.

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    zalayeta isnt underrated. he was used too much in my eyes as capello used to substitute del piero, deservedly or not in almost every game, most of the time for zalayeta. he got his fair share of matches, 24 in the league only, not bad for someone who shouldnt be more than a 5th choice striker in such club.

this season, i'd say birindelli.
    Coming on as a sub is not the same as starting the game. It's really hard to leave your mark as a substitute, yet Zalayeta did it more than once.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    You're right in here...

birindelli is better than zebina, but capello prefers his roma pupils, and also backup defenders lack match practice.
    ...but this part isn't true at all. Zebina is an excellent defender, no matter what many of these useless members around here say. He's physics are optimal for defender, he's pretty fast and strong. He's only problem is on the mental side, his having hard time keeping his concentration on the pitch ALL the time. Like Capello said few years ago, he would be the best defender in the world if he could keep focused all the time.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

Zambrotta is hardly underrated, he's widely regarded as the world's best in his position.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    Pessotto would get my vote for most underrated player in the world.Few people can correctly name who Juventus' no.7 is,but at the age of 34 he's still been doing his job faultlessly whenever called upon.

And I can't believe posters are calling for Juve to sell players like him and Birindelli,which frickin club in the world tries to sell 34 year olds for the 100k fee they'd fetch???

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++

...but this part isn't true at all. Zebina is an excellent defender, no matter what many of these useless members around here say. He's physics are optimal for defender, he's pretty fast and strong. He's only problem is on the mental side, his having hard time keeping his concentration on the pitch ALL the time. Like Capello said few years ago, he would be the best defender in the world if he could keep focused all the time.

well this useless member here thinks that zebina isnt good enough to be a ball boy let alone wear the glorious bianconero.

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
    Birindelli. A crowds favourite scapegoat whereas he generally gets the job done. I always feel bad for him when I hear people ridiculing him without a good reason. Especially as he's a friendly, top person.

Zebina. He isn't half as bad as people make him out to be. He's got plenty of drive, I think people can't satdn his face that's all. Another crowds scapegoat, he took over Birindelli. That's not saying I don't fancy someone else for that right-hand side next season.

Pessotto. The man who completely owned Zidane in Rotterdam. Not quite the player he once was but it only takes a look at our second half at Anfield to see that he can still be valuable for us.

Appiah. The man almost made himself as many detractors as George W. Bush. He's very much a good player for me though.

Kapo. I'm really upset with Capello for not giving him a true chance. I know Capello did not bring him over, Lippi did. But the guy's very talented, and now is maybe about time to let him show what he's got.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)