Rui Costa in crash scare (1 Viewer)

K10

Jul 12, 2002
Manuel Rui Costa’s private jet was in an emergency landing at Milan’s Malpensa Airport this afternoon and the player has spoken of his shock.

The midfielder, celebrating his 33rd birthday today, was returning from a holiday in Sharm El Sheik with his wife, two children, parents, his brother and a baby-sitter when the pilot reported problems with the undercarriage.

The plane came in for an emergency landing with the aid of foam on the runway, eventually screeching to a halt, causing the closure of the airport for an hour.

“I was terrified,” explained the Portuguese international after he was released from hospital. “I didn’t so much worry about myself as I did for my family. I was very scared for their safety.”

Rui Costa was able to take part in the training session this afternoon with his teammates and fans showing their concern.

“It was a terrible experience, but thankfully it all went well in the end. I must above all thank the pilot and the firemen for doing such a great job. Training so soon after the incident was a real help to me, as I had to get my mind off what could’ve happened. Thank you to everyone for your kind show of support and affection.”

Curiously, this was the second emergency landing at Malpensa today, as this morning a Swiss Air jet interrupted its flight towards Zurich after being hit by a bolt of lightning.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
These things happen everyday and we hear nothing about it, but when some 'star' is involved, everyone talks like the plane was whiskers away from being blown up.

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
+ Fuel + that fee that must be paid to airports I dont really know what its called.....kinda hard to believe that he owns one...but you never know!

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
I know, those things cost at least $30,000,000 + maintenance, etc.

The private jet of choice is the learjet 45 and 60.

The top of the range 60 costs jus shy of $14000000 brand new... A second hand 60 with every option can be had for in the region of $8000000

Not particularly expensive to run, incredibly reliable and airport fees for private jets are virtually nothing

So... No, you dont need to be that rich to own the best private jet on the market

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)