Emre regrets Milan snub (1 Viewer)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Emre Belozoglu has said he made a mistake when he chose to sign for Inter and not city rivals Milan.

"The Rossoneri contacted me when I decided to move to Italy but I picked Inter instead," he told Turkish newspaper Vatan.

"Inter are now a side with no future. They will never be as good as Milan."

The pint-sized midfielder arrived at the San Siro in 2001 from Galatasaray, catching the attention of the planet a year later when he helped Turkey finish third at the World Cup.

But he is now part of an Inter side that is overloaded with midfield talent and struggles to play regularly in the starting XI.

"Boss Roberto Mancini has his own ideas," added Emre. "He’s told me I’m a good player but that he knows what side he wants to pick.

"I understand that but I didn’t think he would be so rigid or unwilling to change. He just picks the same players all of the time."

Emre’s controversial outburst comes just days after he publicly revealed that he was looking for a summer exit.

"I am leaving," he again underlined. "I have understood that Inter will never win anything whereas if I was at Milan, I would have already won the Champions’ League and Lo Scudetto."

The two teams ironically meet in the quarter-finals of this season’s European Cup next month.

Emre, still just 24, is likely to leave Italy at the end of the season, with reported interest from a number of Spanish and English clubs.

What an outburst! Is it frustration or what?

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Gosh he's gonna be popular with the Interisti. Pretty stupid thing to say while you're still at the club.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
:eek: didn't see that one coming. Although Emre has been a sub for years I'd always thought that he was one of the few players with an Inter heart...

OP
Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    Sorry, forgot to include the source: Channel4.com

IMO he daft. Skilled yes, undoubtably so, but daft. Just dug his professional grave if Mancini's a vindictive type person, cos while they won't allow him leave, they'll not play him.

Wiltord faced a similar situation at Bordeaux b4 Arsene rescued him.

May 4, 2004
    damn!! finally we have a little chance of getting him :)

i love this player, love the way he plays, the way he fights over all in the pitch.. and he's only 24... DAMN!.. this would be a great deal imo, and him being unhappy, we could get him cheep, u know, its INTER, we could swap him for appiah or something, and yes inter is that stupied to do it :D remember Canna/Carini deal hahaha :D

Emre-Emerson-Camo :thumb:

Forza Juve...

OP
    Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #16
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    he's different, of course he wont be nedveds successor
    Ja, but I agree that he'll add something to the squad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)