Well thats that (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blandie

Just to let you know Martin has banned me again for some unknown reason. I guess if you dont agree with Nick and Kaiser theres no place for you on this forum. I havent even responded to posts from Burke, Nick etc but still I guess I did something else wrong.

I wont bother making a deal out of it, nice knowing (some of) you ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Yeah, Martin has double standards, thats not even a secret. Nick should have been banned ages ago, as well as Burke.

See ya around Claire.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
I hope Claire doesnt leave, shes a "character", and improves the place, but if she does leave, nice knowing you Claire!

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
boooo

And you fools, what part of banned dont you understand? :D

And I quit, no blandie, no emma. What the heck do they keep banning her for? Whats the reason huh? Martin has a bad day and comes in and bans Blandie? Wtf

(not that this matters or that i wont come crawling back probably hehe)

UNBAN THE BLAND!

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Dont really get that decision... Now I never understood why martin allowed blandie to continue posting under a different name after being banned... But he made the decision to allow her to say... so why ban her now... it makes no sense and stinks of double standards and cliqueness.

Since her return in a new name ,she has done nothing wrong.. her posts have been much better and less confrontational ... yet she is banned again.

Since her return she has been bullied, harassed and goaded by certain members yet didnt really attack them back... yet she is banned.

Where is the punishment for those that attack her at every turn?
No its not there... because as we all know... its one rule for one and a completely different one for the next poster... frankly it fvcking stinks

I dont know why im writing this as im not her biggest fan... she should have had her ban served properly in the first place... not allowed to continue and then be banned for no reason and at a time when her posts are the most refrained they have ever been

Apr 12, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Blandie ] ++
Just to let you know Martin has banned me again for some unknown reason. I guess if you dont agree with Nick and Kaiser theres no place for you on this forum. I havent even responded to posts from Burke, Nick etc but still I guess I did something else wrong.

I wont bother making a deal out of it, nice knowing (some of) you ;)
Sorry, lass, take care of yourself. I will look you up if I am ever up 'Pool way.

++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Nick should have been banned ages ago, as well as Burke.
That is only because you do not like us.

We are a force to be reconed with.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
Dont really get that decision... Now I never understood why martin allowed blandie to continue posting under a different name after being banned... But he made the decision to allow her to say... so why ban her now... it makes no sense and stinks of double standards and cliqueness.

Since her return in a new name ,she has done nothing wrong.. her posts have been much better and less confrontational ... yet she is banned again.

Since her return she has been bullied, harassed and goaded by certain members yet didnt really attack them back... yet she is banned.

Where is the punishment for those that attack her at every turn?
No its not there... because as we all know... its one rule for one and a completely different one for the next poster... frankly it fvcking stinks

I dont know why im writing this as im not her biggest fan... she should have had her ban served properly in the first place... not allowed to continue and then be banned for no reason and at a time when her posts are the most refrained they have ever been
Very vocal for once, Paul? To keep it short, when a person is banned, if they return with a new account name, that's like a probation so it takes much less to get a second, permanent ban. Since she returned, we've had continued complaints about her and basically I decided that since she already did enough to deserve a ban in the first place, it was just as well to ban her altogether. Soon after that, she registered at Xtratime, incidentally where I'm also an admin but happy to leave decisions about users to the others, and so far has made a respectable start.

Claire, you and I both know you only joined this place to kill time, without an interest in the community. We've had cases like that before and I think you went further than anyone else (yes, even Nicky). I don't mind you personally but your experiments at how far you could go with provocation were not appreciated and it had to end this way eventually. If anything, you deserved a ban sooner. I know people point fingers (and rightfully so) at Vinny or Burke but Vinny is here as a fan and he contributes to the forum so banning him (even though it's been close a few times) has been turned down for that reason. Point is he's not here to stir up trouble, like you. Burke, on the other hand, is very much like you (in terms of purpose on this forum) but he's quite harmless in comparison, which is why he hasn't been banned.

If you (as in you people) want to accuse me of having double standards and being unfair, go ahead. I have run this forum for several years doing my best to run it well and at some point I lost the spark that kept me going. The only reason it's still here is because it exists, had it not existed, I would not have built it today. Which is why my involvement ends in a few months.

Incidentally I would like the complainers here to run forums themselves and see how they fare with it because being part of the administration is vastly different from a user perspective.

Good day.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Come to think of it, Nicky was somewhat of a special case. At first when he joined and caused an uproar, it was useful to have him as a test to how the community would react. The reactions were largely disappointing and flames popped up in most threads he set foot in. After that initial period, he toned down the smack talk, people got used to him and he gradually stopped being a problem. But for those who appealed for him to be banned at the very beginning, many of those people responded with more firepower than he did so it's very common for people to feel wronged when they are no better themselves. So much for objectivity.
</rant>

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Well its as easy as pie to moan when you're not a moderator but ultimately as mod you're always going to upset one party or another. You have to think of the interests in the forum as a whole (ie will members leave if a poster is banned? Will it have a significant negative impact on forum traffic?) etc etc - you have to look at previous treatment of similar cases, .. its not easy but at the end of the day Martin pays the fees and the buck stops with him. Like it or lump it, as they say!!

I'm just thankful such a considerate, rational and objective individual is in charge of this place (for the time being at least) - I mean can you imagine the chaos if some mindless, bigoted, arrogant imbecile like Nick were in charge? I mean seriously!!

People should be happy with what they've got!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)