Maresca reveals Guidolin row (1 Viewer)

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
Friday 27 September, 2002

Enzo Maresca returns to Bologna as an opponent this weekend and confirms he did not see eye to eye with Coach Francesco Guidolin.

The Piacenza midfielder joined the Rossoblu in October 2000 and hit the big time with those 23 Serie A appearances.

“Bologna was my first real experience of top flight football,” confirms the Under-21 international.

“Guidolin prepares his games throughout the week and never leaves anything to chance. He is very good at reading the game.”

“It is true,” he told the ‘Gazzetta dello Sport’, “that there was an incompatibility problem between us as we both have strong personalities. But we discussed the matter and found some common ground as I have never lost my respect for the tactician.”

Nonetheless, this Sunday’s trip back to Bologna with a Piacenza side that is currently leading the Serie A standings will be a special moment for Maresca.

“I know from my experience there that Bologna will try to put us under pressure from the start and prevent Piacenza from settling down. We must be wary of Julio Cruz and his power in the air.”

Maresca is on loan from Juventus, but assures he is content to stay in the small city for this season.

“I have immediately found my niche in this new club and city. Leaving Juventus was no sacrifice as Piacenza is an important starting point for my career.”

“New Coach Andrea Agostinelli has given this team character and allows us to enjoy playing football, which naturally entertains the crowd.”

------------------------------------------------------
FootballItalia (soon to become CalcioItalia)
------------------------------------------------------

How do you see Maresca developing as a player? Do you think he'll return to Juve, and if so do you think he can be a worthy Juve-player?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
Yes
Paincenza looks likekly ot become the Cheivo of this Season
and like atalanta two seasons ago

So it will give him a lot of confidence and hopefully he will come back stronger to Juve
to replace Conte........

SpeD

Jul 14, 2002
he will definitly come back

and as evelyn8 said much stronger, he could become one of the leaders of juve in a couple of years, alongside brighi and blasi, but only time will tell...

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
The Problem with Guidolin is he never lets the Youth play too much

he prefers experience like choosing nervo over Brighi

which he did a lot last season......

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by GonJ ] ++
he will definitly come back

and as evelyn8 said much stronger, he could become one of the leaders of juve in a couple of years, alongside brighi and blasi, but only time will tell...
Brighi, yes, but Blasi, probably not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)