The Result, or Entertainment? (1 Viewer)

K10

Jul 12, 2002
Well, basically from reading about todays eye opener game between my beloved Lazio and Chievo, two of the few attack minded teams in the Serie A, I bring upon this question.

What do you prefer? Entertainment, or a dull much with a positive scoreline?

This is hard, especially in Serie A. I was really happy to hear the quality of the match Lazio-Chievo despite the loss to Lazio. It was a very attacking game, exciting from the first to the last minute.

Do you rather win and play boring football or play entertaining football, one you love, one that shows the skills of the players, one that the Serie A needs.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Excluding Juventus games :D, i care more about the Entertainment factor of the team i'm supporting rather than their 3 points.
In the Case of Juve, i have to say that i want them to win more, but of course, i still want the to play nice football.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
In an ideal world, I'd rather see us entertaining than winning.

But sadly, we owe it to the world to prove that we can contend with the best, so, after returning to reality, I would have to choose results.

Sep 3, 2002
True greats can do both because it's in them to play in a good style that simply outwits the competition. They don't need to concentrate on doing the entertaining because it is a natural part of their game. Of course, there are time when u have to knuckle down and not even think of any fancy stuff.

I always thought my team winning is entertaining enough. There isn't a moment when I'm not glued to the screen while an Italy or Juventus match is on.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Entertainment is my be all and end all that is why i do not hate teams like Arsenal, man united, Roma and most spanish sides with Real Madrid at the top of the pile. Not to mention some dutch and French teams

That is also why it was very hard for me to watch Juve and enjoy it under Ancellotti and Italy at the moment as they are kill joys and why watching Inter at times is very arduous. And i absolutely hate watching Liverpool

Funny in Barca and Real madrid, its not enough to win u gotta win in style somehow that will never catch up in Italy

In England i think the most popular sides are thos e teams coached by Zeman, Lazio, Milan at their best and for last season Chievo as they play football that excites

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
When I'm just watching a game that means nothing to me of course I would want entertainment,but when it comes to Juve only the 3 points matters to me,entertainment is just a bonus. At the end of the day what puts you top of the league or through to the next stage of the Champions League? Results,not entertainment. What I want is for my club to win,and to win you need results,if they win and entertain,then all the better!:thumb:

FORZA JUVE!

OP
K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    But what I wonder, what's the purpose of football if no one is entertained?

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    I wonder more whats the point in watching your team if all you are interested in is results all you have to do is hear the results and thats it, no point in watching

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #14
    Denco, very good point I think.

Look at todays game, Real vs Roma. Imagine, the Roma fans were cheering Real Madrid for their classy football.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    I always wanted to see Juve play with passion (which has sadly been lacking for a while) So I am all for entertainment. The worst thing about it is that it is actually possible to entertain and get the points too.
    When you watch a game and it is not about 'if' a goal will be scored rather it 'is' when the goal be scored. Now that is what football is all about.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by BigIzz ] ++
    Result, result, result...that is all that matters to me
    If you are not interested in anyother thing than results why the vomit simile when you were describing Roma v Real madrid

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    If you are not interested in anyother thing than results why the vomit simile when you were describing Roma v Real madrid
    Ok, allow me to change that. When Juve is playing, only the result matters. When it is anyone besides Juve (or the US Nats), I would much prefer entertainment.

OP
    K10

K10

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #19
    ++ [ originally posted by BigIzz ] ++

Ok, allow me to change that. When Juve is playing, only the result matters. When it is anyone besides Juve (or the US Nats), I would much prefer entertainment.
    Were you entertained yesterday?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)