We Could Play Serie A Abroad, Says Galliani (1 Viewer)

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
08/26/2002. League President Adriano Galliani has sensationally suggested that some top Serie A matches could be played abroad.

Sunday's Supercup match between Juventus and Parma proved a success with 50,000 Libyans turning up to watch the spectacle. Now Galliani believes that the foreign option could be good for Serie A.

"It would be a great idea to revitalise the game and export Serie A," he said.

"It might be a good experience as long as the locations weren't too far away."

Galliani added that he believes it could help to boost flagging attendance.

"Lets not forget that attendance have slipped in recent years and our football is no longer the undisputed leader in Europe," he said.
SA Italy

-----------------------------------
Taken from SoccerAge.com
-----------------------------------

ehrm....

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
who watched the parma-juve game. the field was made up of a mixture of sand and grass, very un-professional.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
Well I know where he's coming from. Exporting games can only be positive for Serie A's popularity.

I think all pre-season friendlies and tournaments should be played outside. Possibly the Coppa Italia also.

But league games- thats CRAZY!! Maybe a few though..... :D

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
In preseason why not go abroad like English clubs do instead of playing meaninless 45 mins games against the same opponents or be playing your B team every year

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by laresca ] ++
Well I know where he's coming from. Exporting games can only be positive for Serie A's popularity.

I think all pre-season friendlies and tournaments should be played outside. Possibly the Coppa Italia also.

But league games- thats CRAZY!! Maybe a few though..... :D
Only if they play them in Holland! :D

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sivori ] ++
08/26/2002. League President Adriano Galliani has sensationally suggested that some top Serie A matches could be played abroad.
yay! now Serie A comes NBA! :extatic:

:wallbang:

OP
Sivori

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    In preseason why not go abroad like English clubs do instead of playing meaninless 45 mins games against the same opponents or be playing your B team every year
    It's good for the club, but the players dislike it.
    Man Utd gain millions in shirt sales and tv-rights by travelling to the far east, or what have you, every pre-season, but the players complain. They feel that the entire point of getting fit for the new season is wasted as all the travelling really drains their energy.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
    Aug 1, 2002
    we have 2 do what lazio did, take a tour of spain, we have 2 understand why we werent able 2 beat spanish teams in the past 3-5 years in european competition.

Jul 12, 2002
    My idea is that spending generally not a bad thing, as long as you spend to win, not spend to get popular players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)