Ronaldo out - Crespo in (1 Viewer)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Ronaldo finally looks set to complete his move to Real Madrid and his replacement, Lazio’s Hernan Crespo, is already on his way to Inter headquarters.

The final day’s trading on the transfer market has certainly been action-packed following one of the quietest summers in Serie A history.

The Brazilian was called to the club building in Via Durati this morning after Real Madrid staged a new bid for the player.

The striker was seen sporting a large grin as he stepped into the car, a clear sign that there had been a breakthrough.

Negotiations had broken down yesterday evening, but it is claimed talks continued after Real’s 3-1 European Supercup win over Feyenoord.

The sticking point was the inclusion of strikers Munitis and Fernando Morientes in the deal rather than transfer target Hernan Solari, but it appears that the Spaniards have now offered a purely cash sum.

That money is now being used to pry Hernan Crespo away from Lazio on the same day that Alessandro Nesta prepares to complete his move to Milan.

Both players left the Formello training ground this morning and are set to fly north with a private plane.

The fans literally begged Nesta not to sign the five-year contract and after 15 minutes of pleading the defender confirmed, “I haven’t signed yet. I am still considering the offer and we’ll see what happens.”

Crespo was not Inter’s first choice to replace Ronaldo. Marco Di Vaio had been their primary target, but in a sudden swoop Juventus captured the Parma hitman last night for £14m plus Matteo Brighi.

=================
channel4 (football Italia)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
Ronaldo has achieved his aim and signed for Real Madrid, confirmed Inter late Saturday evening.

As a knock-on effect, the Nerazzurri have signed Lazio hitman Hernan Crespo.

The European Champions will pay £30m over the next five years. That sum is split into £23m cash plus one of Munitis, Raul Bravo or Flavio Conceicao to be signed before January.

If the Nerazzurri choose not to sign any of these players, then Real will offer another £6m cash.

The move should have gone through earlier this afternoon and a private plane was ready at Linate airport to take the player to Spain for a medical.

However, problems with Fernando Morientes had delayed the deal so much that it was feared it could not be completed ahead of the midnight UEFA deadline for registering Champions’ League players.

It has emerged that the problem involved a complicated turn-around. Morientes was to be sold to Inter for £14.6m only to be handed to Barcelona immediately, but the Spaniards refused to pay more than £13.3m for the striker.

“Despite our efforts,” read an official Barca statement, “we have failed to achieve one last transfer objective.” There was no mention of Morientes.

There have been accusations of malice on behalf of Barcelona. Spanish newspapers claim the club purposefully put a spanner in the works of their great rivals.

It was feared this late development would nix Ronaldo’s move, but in a shock change of direction Inter completed the sale anyway.

Ronaldo will fly out for a medical in Madrid on Sunday and hold his presentation press conference the day after.

This move also allows Inter to pay Lazio the £17m cash for Hernan Crespo. That switch includes Bernardo Corradi’s change to a Biancocelesti shirt, although it will have to wait until next week.

It is reported that a new one-week transfer window will be opened from September 7 due to the delayed start to the Serie A season.

Crespo was not present in tonight’s friendly game between Lazio and Juventus.

football italia

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
i think this will weaken inter as crespo doesn't suit vieri as good as ronaldo, but since ronnie wanted to leave they didn't really have a choice

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
In a press release circulated on Saturday night, Real Madrid confirmed they had signed Ronaldo from Inter Milan. The player will be introduced to the media as soon as Monday. A transfer fee of €35m will be completed in January by the sale of a €10m-rated Real player to Inter.

soccerage.com

jaansu

Jul 12, 2002
Come on lads, insulting players is not very nice.

Whatever you think about him, you cannot deny that he is a great footballer and brought an extra bit of excitement to the italian game, when he wasn't injured.

jaansu

Jul 12, 2002
To be honest I am not really surprised.

Ronnie saw all these star players join Inter (Vieri, Baggio etc.) over the last few years and all they have won was a UEFA Cup. It is a similar case with Zidane, the only difference was that the Scudetto wasn't enough for him he wanted to win the Champions League.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by jaansu ] ++
To be honest I am not really surprised.

Ronnie saw all these star players join Inter (Vieri, Baggio etc.) over the last few years and all they have won was a UEFA Cup. It is a similar case with Zidane, the only difference was that the Scudetto wasn't enough for him he wanted to win the Champions League.
True...such arrogant players who don't love their club at all are no big loss though....in my humble opinion of course! :angel:

Leila

Jul 12, 2002
I agree. iT'S REALLY TERRIBLE. They r all about Real. It's like: It was my biggest dream to play at Real! and so on...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)