Eriberto Not Who He Says He Is (1 Viewer)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
08/23/2002. Chievo's Brazilian midfielder Eriberto has sensationally been exposed as having a fake passport.

His real name is apparently Luciano Sicuera De Oliveira and he is not in fact 23, but 26!

He took the passport of another person so that he could play in the national team and wanted to appear younger (he was really born on 3/9/1975) in order to be legible for trials with certain Brazilian clubs when he was back in his homeland.

He is likely to face a ban of between four and six months and could even end up in prison.

=======================

WOW :eek:

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Never really believed he was 22years old anyway but what name do we call him now if his name aint Eriberto

OP
dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    Chievo star Eriberto has confessed to an identity fraud regarding his name and age that could see him thrown in prison.

“I was born on December 3 1975,” revealed the winger, “and I took on another man’s passport in order to take part in trials that I otherwise would have been excluded from.”

The player had up until now been registered as a 23-year-old, but it has emerged that he is in fact a good four years older.

FA paperwork has the Chievo man down as Da Conceicao Silva Eriberto, born in Rio de Janeiro on January 1 1979.

To make matters worse, ‘Eriberto’ confirmed that his name is also a fake. “I am actually called Luciano Siqueira De Oliveira. I’ve been using the name Eriberto for the last six years.”

The Brazilian, formerly of Bologna, now risks a prison sentence and ejection from the country as his immigration papers contain false information.

Eriberto chose to make the revelation only after blackmail attempts in Brazil. Already at the centre of legal problems for his failed move to Lazio this summer, FIFA could take disciplinary action against the player and his agents.

It is the latest scandal to hit European football after a wave of fake EU passports were discovered in players as famous as Alvaro Recoba.

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    what name do we call him now if his name aint Eriberto
    Luciano De Oliveira I guess, but I wouldn't care as we probably won't be seeing him again !!

Codino

The Rival
    Jul 21, 2002
    poor bastard.. all he wanted was a chance in football....
    now he will playing in the Prison world cup in 4 years time.

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #8
    Eriberto has apologised for faking his identity and age in order to play football, but Chievo plan to stick by the Brazilian.

“I apologise to everyone. I made a mistake,” said the winger from South America after revealing that his name is not Eriberto Silva da Conceicao, but in fact Luciano Siqueira de Oliveira.

Brazilian lawyers are confident that he does not risk a prison sentence because of this fraud, but his football career and return to Italy remain in doubt pending an investigation.

“I think that within about six weeks his position could be made regular in Brazil,” explained his agent Pedrinho Vicencote.

“At that point we would have to hope the Italian authorities can be just as understanding.”

“He made this mistake when he was living in absolute poverty,” revealed the agent, “and this passport enabled him to get out of that situation.”

“Now he has found the courage to confess the truth just days before signing a five-year contract with Lazio.”

Although initial reports suggested this sudden bout of honesty was due to a blackmail attempt in Brazil, new claims point to his wife Raquel’s desire to give their young son his name.

The two-year-old, Gabriel, currently holds his mother’s surname as it was feared the fraud would be identified if he presented the paperwork.

Meanwhile, Chievo have already confirmed that they will give “legal and moral support” to Eriberto when he does return to the Peninsula.

“I know he made a mistake,” said President Luca Campedelli, “but I understand why he did it. There are matters here that go beyond the sport and he needs our help. We have already sent one of our lawyers out to Brazil to lend a hand.”

On a lighter note, Eriberto’s former Bologna teammate Gianluca Pagliuca revealed a curious background to this tale.

“To think,” said the goalkeeper, “when he used to play with us we’d all make fun of the fact he looked so much older than he was.”

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
    On a lighter note, Eriberto’s former Bologna teammate Gianluca Pagliuca revealed a curious background to this tale.

“To think,” said the goalkeeper, “when he used to play with us we’d all make fun of the fact he looked so much older than he was.”
    :LOL:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    It's a shame. I hope they don't go too hard on him, I don't think it's a good enough reason to ban him for a long time. That's for the soccer side of it. When it comes to forgery and the legislative side, he could be in deep shit for this.

:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)