New kit for Napoli (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
New shirt gives Napoli the blues Wednesday 21 August, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Napoli chief Salvatore Naldi has said that he can do nothing about the club’s controversial change in home strip.

The San Paolo faithful have reacted negatively towards the new home shirt which has changed from all blue to an Argentina style strip with blue and white vertical stripes.

"I didn’t decide the new shirt but it is a decision which I am forced to respect," said Naldi. "Unfortunately it is impossible to immediately return to the glorious Azzurri colour."

Naldi has shifted the blame on former owner Giorgio Corbelli who he only replaced at the Serie B club a few months ago.

"There was a contract in place with our kit suppliers which forced the club to choose the new shirts by February 28, 2002," added Naldi.

"The decision was made back then when I had no responsibility or any say in the discussions. We have simply inherited this decision along with everything else at the club."

However, Naldi remained hopeful that the major change would not affect the Napoli fans too much.

"The Azzurri colours will remain in the hearts of all true fans. It will take more than a shirt colour change for people to turn their backs on this club."

===

Sounds like us with Lotto changing everything and we don't have the influence or don't care to influence those choices..

Buy on AliExpress.com

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Lotto did change a few things, but the tradition (white&black stripes) were kept, which cannot be said for Napoli.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)