Jordan Amavi (1 Viewer)

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
This thread is 5hours old and there are no tuttosport smileys (besides Mark opening post). He must be really shit.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Nah the streets are just waiting for @Fred's expert analysis.
I've been hugely impressed by him, i like him a lot more than kurzawa, not only is he as good offensively as kurzawa, he is actually a pretty good defender when he's defending, very good in one on one defending, he's extremely difficult to dribble past. The criticism i would have of him is that he tends to stay high up the pitch too much, and neglects his defensive duties, and he doesn't seem to always concentrate in his defensive positioning, I've seen him playing attackers onside several times. But don't forget this is his first full season, so its too early to judge him. I've seen so many promising youngsters in France stagnate in their development and never really improve. Remember how good bernard mendy was when he first burst on the scene, another much less extreme example is corchia, remember how highly rated he was in his first couple of seasons with sochaux. Tremoulinas is another who failed to reach the heights that were expected of him.

- - - Updated - - -

He was amazing in the one game I saw him (against Lyon).
The game from a couple of weeks back right?

That game was a classic example of how good he is at one on one defending, he did so well against fekir that the latter pushed him out of the field at one point near the touchline:p he had him in his pocket whenever fekir tried to attack from the right. But it was also an example of his poor positioning, a few times amavi ruined nices offside trap. All in all it was a very good game by him though i agree, nice in general played a very good game that day, puel had a point to prove against his former employers :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)