Ross Barkley (1 Viewer)

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
Ross 'The Boss' Barkley

Full name : Ross Barkley
Date of birth : 5 December 1993 (age 20)
Place of birth : Wavertree, Liverpool, England
Height : 1.89 m (6 ft 2 1⁄2 in)[2]
Playing position : Attacking midfielder

Ross Barkley (born 5 December 1993) is an English Footballer who plays as a midfielder for Everton and the England national football team. He has also played for Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds United, both on loan from Everton.

Club career

Ross Barkley joined Everton as an 11-year old and played for the club's youth teams. He was named as a substitute in a first team league game in early 2010–11, and was expected to make his Premier League debut[3] before his leg was broken in three places after a collision with Liverpool's Andre Wisdom during an England under-19 match in October 2010.

He recovered from his injury in time to join the first team for pre-season training before the beginning of 2011–12. During pre-season, Tim Cahill heralded Barkley as the most talented footballer he had worked with.

He made his debut in Everton's first game of the season, a 1–0 defeat to Queens Park Rangers, and was named man of the match by Radio City Sport.

His early performances were highly praised, with Martin Keown predicting that "[Barkley will] be one of the best players we'll ever see in this country."

He signed a new four-and-a-half-year contract in December 2011.

On 14 September 2012, Barkley joined Sheffield Wednesday on a one-month loan deal making his debut the same day in an away defeat against Brighton & Hove Albion. He scored his first goal for the club, a penalty, against Bolton Wanderers the following week. His loan was extended before he was recalled by Everton after playing thirteen games for Wednesday.

He again went out on loan, this time to Leeds United for an "initial one-month stint", in January 2013 and made his debut for Leeds in a derby match against Barnsley.

Barkley rejoined the Everton first team for the 2013–14 season, and scored his first goal for the club on the opening day in a 2–2 draw against Norwich City, and was later named man of the match.

International career

Barkley has represented England at under-16, under-17, under-19, under-20, under-21 and senior level.
He was first called up for the under-16 level in September 2008, aged 14.
He was also eligible to play for Nigeria.

He was selected to play in the 2009 Montaigu Tournament and captained the team to success, beating Germany 2–1 on penalties in the final. He also helped England win the 2010 UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship with two goals en route to the final where England beat Spain 2–1.

Barkley was called up to the England U-21 squad in August 2011.

On 28 May 2013, he was named in manager Peter Taylor's 21-man squad for the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup. He made his debut on 16 June, in a 3-0 win in a warm-up game against Uruguay.

He scored his first goal for England under-21's on 13 August 2013, in a 6-0 win against Scotland.

Barkley was called up to the senior England squad in August 2013, and earned his first senior cap the following month, coming on as a substitute for Jack Wilshere in a 4-0 win in a World Cup qualifier against Moldova at Wembley.

Personal life

Barkley grew up in the Wavertree area of Liverpool.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
I have had the chance of watching few of Everton's games this season, and he didn't look out place playing the likes of Arsenal and Man utd. I see a higher potential ceiling than Wilshere, would love to have him play for us. Hardworking, good decision making for a youngster, and technically good compared to his English peers

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He'll be a great player one day, provided he doesn't get injured, and while he is still young he is pretty naive and fearless in his style.

Jul 20, 2012
I watch Everton alot and this kid seems like he will be a very good player. Hardworking, has an eye for goal, and physically strong. I shouldnt be saying kid he is older than me

OP
Pablo

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
  • Thread Starter #8
    I have not seen a player with as much talent / ability since the 80's at Everton.

Great to see, and great to know that Everton have a few more who could well turn our the same as Ross.

Its the mental side which can hinder develpment.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
    Apr 12, 2009
    I have not seen a player with as much talent / ability since the 80's at Everton.

Great to see, and great to know that Everton have a few more who could well turn our the same as Ross.

Its the mental side which can hinder develpment.
    Jack Rodwell?

OP
    Pablo

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
  • Thread Starter #13
    Its close, very close. Barkley better temprement.

Against Arsenal, he put a ball though for Lukaku, and as his was shooting, you could see Ross kicking an imaginary ball just behind him!!! Well funny!

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    Whenever I've seen Barkley play this season, I've been impressed, doesn't stop running and isn't scared to try anything, though that could possibly be due to his age (as with Pogba).
    Coleman also seems like a decent player.

OP
    Pablo

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
  • Thread Starter #15
    Coleman is turning into the best right fullback in the league.

Linked with Arsenal.

3Star

Nov 13, 2012
    In my honest opinion I think Barkley is a very mature player, he's got a different style to many players from England to.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    I like Barkely, he's quite an intelligent player and is very comfortable on the ball, he's quite unique for an English player in that regard. He played really well against the top sides this season, very hard to get the ball off him because he's strong too. If his development goes well I can see him becoming a top player in the EPL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)