PDA

View Full Version : Turning Japanese

JuveJay
22.02.2012, 12:50
http://medias.sport.fr/ligue-1-honda-et-kagawa-pistes-par-le-psg-221711.jpg

I know we are supposed to discuss 'notable league' (:rolleyes:) players here, but considering the emergence of Japanese players into Europe in recent years, and taking into account our non-EU regulations, I'll do a run down of the current young J. League Japanese talents who have not already been snapped up by European clubs.

Index

Hiroki Sakai (Kashiwa Reysol >>> Hannover 96)
Hiroshi Kiyotake (Cerezo Osaka >>> 1. FC Nürnberg)
Naoki Yamada (Urawa Reds)
Yuji Ono (Yokohama F-Marinos >>> Standard Liège)
Genki Haraguchi (Urawa Reds)
Yuya Kubo (Kyoto Sanga)
Akimi Barada (Kashiwa Reysol)
Yosuke Kashiwagi (Urawa Reds)
Junya Tanaka (Kashiwa Reysol)
Hideki Ishige (Shimizu S-Pulse)
Gaku Shibasaki (Kashima Antlers)

---------- Post added 22.02.2012 at 11:50 ----------

http://images.supersport.com/Hiroki-Sakai-111208-Dribbles-G-300.jpg

Hiroki Sakai 酒井 宏樹 - Kashiwa Reysol
Position: DR (DC, DL, MR)
Height: 1.83m
Weight: 70kg

Extremely direct and wiry attacking fullback, his technique looks sound in dribbling, passing and crossing. Is physically strong for his position, and he often shows it in direct tussles both on the ground and in the air. He also has considerable speed both with and without the ball. He would ideally be used in a similar position to Maggio at Napoli. I don't think he would have many problems dealing with the more physical side of European football. Tactically he would need some work.

Brazilian club Santos were so impressed when they played against him that they tried to sign him, but he has stayed put for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIuFL5BNCLc

---------- Post added 22.02.2012 at 11:51 ----------

http://img.tinthethao.com.vn/uploads/news/PostImg/2011/06/19/36/94dfe16e78029b.jpg

Hiroshi Kiyotake 清武 弘嗣 - Cerezo Osaka
Position: AM (RM, LM)
Height: 1.72m
Weight: 63kg

Intelligent attacking midfield player who has vision that you cannot teach, as well as the technique to execute passes and get off shots from various ranges and angles. He battles hard for his size and will often wriggle away from defenders with his low gravity and close control. His speed is fairly good, but his acceleration and quick feet are more useful to escape opponents in short bursts. Like many Japanese midfielders he has a fairly decent weaker foot also.

I believe Stuttgart and a couple of other German teams are interested in him, I'd be surprised if Cerezo hold onto him past this summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj7KEPGvuMo

Elvin
22.02.2012, 12:56
Go to the 'Other Leagues' thread. This topic alone won't make it past the first page.

ZoSo
22.02.2012, 13:23
Cut off your hands then.

JuveJay
22.02.2012, 14:22
I've put bits in that thread before but they get swamped and lost, I'll be updating this over time.

ZoSo
22.02.2012, 14:22
I've put bits in that thread before but they get swamped and lost, I'll be updating this over time.

You know what Turning Japanese means don't you?

JuveJay
22.02.2012, 14:25
That's not true, btw.

Ahmed
22.02.2012, 15:28
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/7/25/83c41a8d-7b62-41fd-806d-00f4e46098ac.jpg

JuveJay
22.02.2012, 15:47
http://www.urawa-reds.co.jp/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/news_5383_1.jpg

Naoki Yamada 山田 直輝 - Urawa Red Diamonds
Position: AM (CM)
Height: 1.66m
Weight: 64kg

Classic playmaking midfielder who is more comfortable as an attacker than a withdrawn midfield role, due to his restrictive physique. He's small even by Japanese standards, but also extremely agile and hard to tackle cleanly, so he draws a lot of fouls. His vision is excellent, seeing passes an average player would not. His delivery is also good from set pieces and in open play, both on the ground and in the air. Defensively he has a lot of spirit but is not particularly useful because of his size, which also affects him in direct duals for the ball. He's more of an assist man than a goalscorer, even if he wrongly thinks he has the tools for the latter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7fq1ZcNmAU

JuveJay
22.02.2012, 16:29
http://www.soccer-king.jp/files/topics/15896_ext_03_0.jpg

Yuji Ono 小野 裕二 - Yokohama F-Marinos
Position: CF
Height: 1.70m
Weight: 60kg

Flew onto the scene in the 2010 season with some great goals and games aged just 17, his progress was a little slower for 2011 but still impressive in a better side. He already has the number 10 shirt for one of the biggest sides in Japan and talent to match. Plays as a second striker and more a scorer of great goals than great goalscorer. He likes dribbling but often makes the right pass and has intelligence around the area. Another who seems to wriggle through challenges despite his size. He won't beat many physically, but the ball sticks to him. Great acceleration, and his dribbling at speed is his most dangerous asset.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKxbkfZvF_4

Cheesio
22.02.2012, 16:42
Watched Sakai in the clubs world cup, i was really impressed, he'll be one of the best RB in the world if he manages to move to the right club in Europe.

swag
22.02.2012, 16:44
You know what Turning Japanese means don't you?

That's not true, btw.

:lol:

No, it's totally true. The phrase really has only one primary meaning. :andyandbarcelona:

You can say that it's "all the clichés about angst and youth and turning into something you didn't expect to", but everyone knows it as this:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=turning+japanese

JuveJay
22.02.2012, 17:04
Well if you are talking about slang then I'm not going to disagree with that, that is whatever you want it to be.

JuveJay
22.02.2012, 17:30
http://u.goal.com/142600/142664_hp.jpg

Genki Haraguchi 原口 元気 - Urawa Red Diamonds
Position: SS (WF, LM, AM)
Height: 1.77m

He's been playing in the Reds team since he was 17 and has improved a lot in the last few years, adding some goals to his game. The kid just likes to run and run with the ball and has the control at speed, and acceleration to pull it off. He's not as refined as some with his use of the ball, but his extra height and drive makes him more attractive to potent buyers, particularly for a side that uses three forwards.

He's on the fringes of the main Japan squad now and has been linked to Napoli. He's already said his aim is to play in Europe, not immediately but in the next couple of years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6vnUofen2c

Suns
22.02.2012, 17:32
This is awesome Jay, thanks. I've always been interested in knowing whats going on in the Japanese league since they've had some great players come over to Europe.

Also, the Mike Haveenar story is kinda cool. Its the other way around.

JuveJay
22.02.2012, 17:39
No problem.

swag
22.02.2012, 17:45
Well if you are talking about slang then I'm not going to disagree with that, that is whatever you want it to be.

That said, we needed a section like this. So thanks for kicking it off. :tup: :D

JuveJay
22.02.2012, 17:47
That said, we needed a section like this. So thanks for kicking it off. :tup: :D
I look forward to your thread from the Congolese Super League :D

swag
22.02.2012, 17:59
The scouting report on the next player that Juve will be fined for over racist taunts? :depressed

Klin
22.02.2012, 18:04
You just got to love Jay. :D

WΏΏdy?
22.02.2012, 18:12
Awesome thread JJ.

Dostoevsky
22.02.2012, 18:23
I love Japanese girls, we can also scout some of players' wifes :boh:

Ahmed
22.02.2012, 19:21
indeed, then we will really be turning Japanese.

Bianconero81
23.02.2012, 00:46
I love Japanese girls, we can also scout some of players' wifes :boh:

Japanese wives are the shit :D

+Rep

Fint
23.02.2012, 00:50
Japanese wives are the shit :D

Link?

Osman
23.02.2012, 02:01
Like Sakai and Kiyotake the most, for obvious reasons, Sakai has tons of potential to hit it big (seen two games of him, veeery dynamic), and Kiyotake reminds me a bit of Kagawa on that clip, except he can shoot...

Haraguchi is 3rd favourite simply because he is one insanely gunho aggressive runner. Jesus is he relentless mofo in some of those plays. Like a funny mixture of Olic, Pepe and Robben in some of his runs lol.

Little little Japanese Giovinco Ono looks nice (is the real Ono retired btw?), but that Yamada one is least impressive based on that clip, doesnt help his clip is from 1 game only (but checked others).

Btw Jay, who are your favourite Japanese players? Not just currently, in overall its still Nakamura for me hehe. In overall its him > Kagawa > Honda > Matsui > Endo > all of J-League players I never seen > Nakata :D

blondu
23.02.2012, 10:21
kagawa > all...has usami played yet?

JuveJay
23.02.2012, 10:42
Like Sakai and Kiyotake the most, for obvious reasons, Sakai has tons of potential to hit it big (seen two games of him, veeery dynamic), and Kiyotake reminds me a bit of Kagawa on that clip, except he can shoot...

Haraguchi is 3rd favourite simply because he is one insanely gunho aggressive runner. Jesus is he relentless mofo in some of those plays. Like a funny mixture of Olic, Pepe and Robben in some of his runs lol.

Little little Japanese Giovinco Ono looks nice (is the real Ono retired btw?), but that Yamada one is least impressive based on that clip, doesnt help his clip is from 1 game only (but checked others).

Btw Jay, who are your favourite Japanese players? Not just currently, in overall its still Nakamura for me hehe. In overall its him > Kagawa > Honda > Matsui > Endo > all of J-League players I never seen > Nakata :D
Yeah Shinji Ono is at Shimizu S-Pulse, he's captain actually. Yamada doesn't have a good compilation clip like the rest (actually, the video is not from one of his better games), but he is one of the most raved about young players. You can probably guess that Japan have a ridiculous amount of attacking midfield players, but he is still considered a big hope.

Shunsuke is one of my favourites for sure, especially considering his past and present at Marinos, who are my team there. Other players I have always liked are Keiji Tamada, who should have had a better career, Jungo Fujimoto who plays for Nagoya Grampus, Endo you mentioned, he is like a Japanese Pirlo. Nagatomo was my favourite player from the current Japan team, every time I watched him I couldn't believe no one had picked him up from the J. League. Now he's at Merda it's not quite the same :D I like Matsui's strong running, and also Yuki Abe was a favourite when he was at JEF United.

The two players that I particularly rate who annoy me for not making a move to Europe are Tulio Tanaka and Yuji Nakazawa. Those two have shown over their international careers, particularly at the last two World Cups, that they are good, strong central defenders who could have played with ease in a strong league. Completely contrasting characters, Tulio has that mental Brazilian side to his game which doesn't often go down well in Japan. "Bomber" on the other hand is too laid back for his own good at times, he always did better for Japan than Marinos, as if the J. League was not a big enough test for him. Now both are the wrong side of 30 and basically cut from Zac's plans in place of younger and thus far inferior players. Those two were amongst the first Asian defenders who really could have stood out overseas.

---------- Post added 23.02.2012 at 09:44 ----------

kagawa > all...has usami played yet?
I think he plays for their second team at the minute, he was tearing it up at least, but I'm not sure what standard that is.

This kid looked too good in the J. League, if he doesn't stay at Bayern he'll do well elsewhere.

Osman
23.02.2012, 11:52
Good post, know both those CBs from NT games, friendlies and WC games, like Tulio in particular, eye-catching defender in his relentless ways. Its weird neither left J-League, in general defenders dont seem to go abroad that much. Though worst most be attackers hehe, Japan really dont produce em much, who has gone abroad except Takahara and Okubo? Besides these two (and ze very underwelming Morimoto) Tamada you mentionned are pretty much only attackers I even know by name. That says alot about their attacking production, and what their main flaw is in NT games one seen.

JuveJay
23.02.2012, 12:31
Yes, it's a continual problem, although it is due to the way that players are produced and taught the game. There is a reason why there are so many good attacking midfielders and fullbacks, yet not so many good central defenders or strikers. They make players use both feet, technically proficient in dribbling and passing, plus the natural high stamina levels.

Lack of height isn't a real issue, there are enough tall players about, but the Japanese football mentality often goes against them and it even becomes a hindrance if they have physique over skill. Too often they are used as target men rather than goalscorers, there is a lack of players at an in-between level. Mike Havenaar has broken into the team now and taken the one 'big striker' role, but keep an eye out for Hiroshi Ibusuki who is owned by Sevilla. He is nearly 2m tall and could become a good weapon for his club and country. In terms of goalscorers Ryoichi Maeda has bloomed late and will be good for 2-3 years, but you can't plan around a 30 year old. Havenaar is still the best bet. It's like the old saying people had for the Portugal team, everyone wants to be the number 10 but no one number 9.

The latest batch of central defenders is some distance behind Nakazawa and Tulio for me. People even complained about those two not being switched on in unimportant matches, but really the likes of Konno, Yoshida, Makino and Kurihara could get burned hard in tough international games.

Tommy
23.02.2012, 12:41
Goddamn Jay your avatar :tuttosport:
HQ please.

Bianconero81
23.02.2012, 12:47
Link?

Sowwy. No have. Hihi :D

Next time I'm @ a Japanese wives party, I shall take pics ;)

---------- Post added 23.02.2012 at 18:50 ----------

Why do you dislike Nakata Os? I know he scored against us, but other than that, what reason do you have for disliking him? :D

We need a Japanese player in our ranks; the marketing potential, and exponential increase in number of fans will make it truly worthwhile :)

tyouto
23.02.2012, 14:16
Goddamn Jay your avatar :tuttosport:
HQ please.

really looks like athos :D

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/25700000/Matthew-The-Three-Musketeers-Athos-matthew-macfadyen-25787501-400-330.jpg

_________

japanese player? hmm i like them, but their individual skill are limited, their top notch just like average european/south american players, just look at nagatomo and morimoto (the first one i like him to go to juve after his stunning performance at asian cup before he go to merda, thanks God we don't hire him and get lichtsteiner instead)
only few of them can turn out very good like nakata (why osman doesn't like him? :D), even nakamura too slow and to flabby although his left foot equal with pirlo's right foot, honda and kagawa not proved yet
however they are playing good as a team at national team, i must admit that

and my favourite japanese player right now is tulio tanaka, even he is half brazilian :sigh:

JuveJay
23.02.2012, 14:56
Added a new video for Yamada.

JuveJay
23.02.2012, 16:41
http://i.imgur.com/Zrs9v.png

Yuya Kubo 久保 裕也 - Kyoto Sanga
Position: CF (SS, AM)
Height: 1.78m
Weight: 72kg

Speaking of striker hopes, I couldn't leave this guy out. He's only played at J2 level so far with a mediocre Sanga team, but in his debut season as a 17 year old high school student he finished with a scoring record of 10 in 30, albeit against a poor defensive standard. He has a nice array of dribbling skills, and is a good striker of the ball from a medium range. Physically he can more than hold his own, and he has enough mobility to play as the second striker or off the shoulder. His vision also means he can play in a deeper role. Finishing needs a bit of work but he's only a baby.

He's just been called into a full Japan experimental squad for the friendly this month, which is impressive for a J2 player his age. He certainly won't be in J2 for long, and with his talent could leap straight to Europe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT1DDdnas5I

Fr3sh
24.02.2012, 08:22
Hey Jay! Where do you watch the J-League? I wanted to start watching it. Can you give me some links for stream please. Oh and great profiles for the japanese players!

JuveJay
24.02.2012, 10:48
On tv it's on the British Eurosport 2 channel here, they do a highlight show and also show either a delayed or full match each week.

For example they are showing the first game of the 2012 season Kashiwa Reysol vs F.C. Tokyo on Monday morning, it is actually played the Saturday morning before: http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/search.shtml?query=j.league

The actual live games are mostly in the late morning for European time, so would be very late night/early morning in North America. You can see them on any of the good stream sites like sportlemon and lshunter.

Also keep an eye out for the highlights show Gambare! I don't know where you live but this is broadcast in many countries, I think FSC have it in the States.

tyouto
24.02.2012, 11:44
kirin cup right now

japan vs iceland
japan lead on 4th minute from maeda's goal

stream
http://www.justin.tv/marooooon10/popout

Fr3sh
24.02.2012, 19:49
On tv it's on the British Eurosport 2 channel here, they do a highlight show and also show either a delayed or full match each week.

For example they are showing the first game of the 2012 season Kashiwa Reysol vs F.C. Tokyo on Monday morning, it is actually played the Saturday morning before: http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/search.shtml?query=j.league

The actual live games are mostly in the late morning for European time, so would be very late night/early morning in North America. You can see them on any of the good stream sites like sportlemon and lshunter.

Also keep an eye out for the highlights show Gambare! I don't know where you live but this is broadcast in many countries, I think FSC have it in the States.

I actually live in Canada. I also usually watch all my football games via the Internet. I've had a hard time finding a site\stream where I can follow the J-league.

JuveJay
25.02.2012, 00:53
Wasn't sure where else to put this, so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kccsJRt7alI&feature=related

tyouto
25.02.2012, 01:14
flip throw in, rare to see that these day

Alex-444
25.02.2012, 02:29
hondahondahondahondahondahondahondahondahondahonda hondahondahondahondahondahondahondahondahondahonda hondahondahondahondahondahondahondahondahondahonda hondahondahondahondahondahondahondahondahondahonda
:cronios:

Señor Papito
28.02.2012, 17:04
Doumbiadoumbiadoumbiadoumbiadoumbiadoumbiadoumbiad oumbiadoumbia

JuveJay
28.02.2012, 17:51
Dude is about as Japanese as gumbo.

Señor Papito
28.02.2012, 18:17
He played in Japan before, son.

JuveJay
28.02.2012, 18:21
Yeah, never really did much and was on a spiral to mediocrity, but seems to improved a massive amount.

Señor Papito
28.02.2012, 18:24
Dude, just admit that was a Touché/Checkmate moment, you totally wiki'd that. :D

Fake Melo
28.02.2012, 18:25
Acording to Cadena Ser, Juventus are interested in Sevilla's 20 year old Japanese forward Hiroshi Ibusuki.

JuveJay
28.02.2012, 22:16
Dude, just admit that was a Touché/Checkmate moment, you totally wiki'd that. :D
:D It's pretty hard to forget African players, you can probably count those who played in Japan on one hand. In fact any foreigners who are not Brazilian or Korean stand out. As it is there are tight restrictions. If any of the imports flop it is bad news.

Acording to Cadena Ser, Juventus are interested in Sevilla's 20 year old Japanese forward Hiroshi Ibusuki.
I mentioned him on the previous page, he's a huge striker. I can't say I've seen much of him, only 2 games for Japan youth and highlights of his Sevilla debut. He doesn't play like someone so tall, I suppose he is like a more mobile and less physical Zigic.

Fake Melo
29.02.2012, 00:03
Hmm, IMO we should buy a Japanese player. After Inter got Nagatomo they've gotten a lot of support in japan.

Señor Papito
29.02.2012, 12:29
:D It's pretty hard to forget African players, you can probably count those who played in Japan on one hand. In fact any foreigners who are not Brazilian or Korean stand out. As it is there are tight restrictions. If any of the imports flop it is bad news.

This is true, have you seen Hulk there?

JuveJay
29.02.2012, 12:42
Not so much because he was in J2 for most of his career, but obviously he was far too good for that level.

Osman
29.02.2012, 14:39
Hmm, IMO we should buy a Japanese player. After Inter got Nagatomo they've gotten a lot of support in japan.

Who gives a fuck about that, I rather get them because they have interesting players, Kagawa and Sakai would be interesting players to get.

JuveJay
29.02.2012, 14:45
Yeah, if you want to exploit a market pick China or India. Japan has better players but a small population, although there is the advantage that fans always buy authentic shirts.

Bianconero81
01.03.2012, 03:30
India? :lol: Do they even have any quality footballers there? Maybe we can get a celebrity chef from there or something :P

Dru
01.03.2012, 03:57
India? :lol: Do they even have any quality footballers there? Maybe we can get a celebrity chef from there or something :P

Cannavaro

JuveJay
01.03.2012, 11:14
Cricket is huge there but still a shitload of football fans. There are certainly none good enough to actually play, just a Dong Fangzhuo stunt.

Fake Melo
01.03.2012, 12:45
Who gives a fuck about that, I rather get them because they have interesting players, Kagawa and Sakai would be interesting players to get.
Yeah, obviously he would have to be a decent player, but for marketing purposes, we should expand our fanbase.

JuveJay
09.03.2012, 16:19
http://www.nakanoreysol.net/blog/img/2008/08/img1655_20070210barata01.jpg

Akimi Barada 茨田陽生 - Kashiwa Reysol
Position: CM (AM, RM)
Weight: 58kg

I didn't know much about this guy until last season as he is only 20 now and Reysol were in J2 last season, but he was a key player in the team that won J2 and then J1 in 2011. Extremely clever player, his vision and passing range from deep or in the final third are good, and his general technique is pretty solid. He certainly doesn't look out of place in a team that can use many attacking outlets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z7Upd1OkYg&feature=related

JuveJay
09.03.2012, 16:47
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Urawa+Red+Diamonds+v+Nagoya+Grampus+J+League+F9AsZ 8iAiFgm.jpg

Yosuke Kashiwagi 柏木 陽介 - Urawa Red Diamonds
Position: CM (AM)
Height: 1.75m
Weight: 68kg

This guy is older and more experienced than many of the others I've posted, but still young and lots of room to improve. He's in and around the Japan squad, many people would even start him because of the tempo and vision he brings. He's entertaining to watch because of his funny gait and the way he seems to hold onto the ball when you think he is going to lose it. He should score more goals in my opinion, but his left foot is very nice shooting or passing from distance. In terms of drive and stamina he's a machine, often carrying the Urawa drive forward. I think he's only a step away from a move to Europe, he certainly needs to get out of that floundering Reds team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNHz0pq52iI

JuveJay
09.03.2012, 16:56
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/football_news001/imgs/5/a/5ae20264.jpg

Junya Tanaka 田中 順也 - Kashiwa Reysol
Position: SS (CF, WF, AM)
Height: 1.80m
Weight: 75kg

He's one of the late university developers that are typical of the J-League, he's only been professional for two years but is on the verge of a national team call up. Cannon of a left foot shot, as you can see from the video. Still needs to take his chances a little better instead of going for speed. I've also seen him go with his right foot, which is not typical for a strong left footed player, so he shows versatility there. Pretty strong but still mobile and agile, good control that allows him to play in wide areas or deeper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUJgddLPE2g&feature=related

JuveJay
24.04.2012, 14:28
Olympic Games 2012

Men's Football - Group D

August 1 - 17:00 - Japan v Honduras - Ricoh Arena, Coventry

:nico:

Elvin
24.04.2012, 14:29
Go to the 'Other Leagues' thread. This topic alone won't make it past the first page.

close enough

PS Kagawa is awesome tho.

JuveJay
24.04.2012, 14:35
I haven't finished yet ;)

JuveJay
04.07.2012, 11:25
http://images.supersport.com/Hiroki-Sakai-111208-Dribbles-G-300.jpg

Hiroki Sakai 酒井 宏樹 - Kashiwa Reysol
Position: DR (DC, DL, MR)
Height: 1.83m

Extremely direct and wiry attacking fullback, his technique looks sound in dribbling, passing and crossing. Is physically strong for his position, and he often shows it in direct tussles both on the ground and in the air. He also has considerable speed both with and without the ball. He would ideally be used in a similar position to Maggio at Napoli. I don't think he would have many problems dealing with the more physical side of European football. Tactically he would need some work.

Brazilian club Santos were so impressed when they played against him that they tried to sign him, but he has stayed put for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIuFL5BNCLc
Hannover signs Japan defender Hiroki Sakai

HANNOVER, Germany (AP)—Hannover has signed Japan defender Hiroki Sakai from defending J-League champion Kashiwa Reysol.

The Bundesliga side says in a statement that the 22-year-old right back will be contracted to June 30, 2016.

Hannover does not give details of a transfer fee.

Sakai came through the ranks of Kashiwa’s youth setup and helped the club to the title last year after securing promotion the year before.

He was named the J-League newcomer of the year last year, when he was also named in the league’s team of the season.

Sakai played 61 games for Kashiwa, scoring five goals and setting up 13 more.

He was recently capped for Japan and is due to play for the Olympic team at the London Games.

------------------------

I heard that the fee was €1m. Absolute steal in my opinion.

JuveJay
04.07.2012, 11:31
http://img.tinthethao.com.vn/uploads/news/PostImg/2011/06/19/36/94dfe16e78029b.jpg

Hiroshi Kiyotake 清武 弘嗣 - Cerezo Osaka
Height: 1.72m

Intelligent attacking midfield player who has vision that you cannot teach, as well as the technique to execute passes and get off shots from various ranges and angles. He battles hard for his size and will often wriggle away from defenders with his low gravity and close control. His speed is fairly good, but his acceleration and quick feet are more useful to escape opponents in short bursts. Like many Japanese midfielders he has a fairly decent weaker foot also.

I believe Stuttgart and a couple of other German teams are interested in him, I'd be surprised if Cerezo hold onto him past this summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj7KEPGvuMo
Nurnberg signing Kiyotake: "I decided I needed a challenge"

The 22-year-old attacking midfielder is the first of several young Japanese players expected to move to Europe this summer after he agreed to join the Bavarian outfit

Japanese club Cerezo Osaka announced on Wednesday that Hiroshi Kiyotake has been sold to Bundesliga side Nurnberg.

The attacking midfielder, who is expected to feature for both Japan's national and Olympic teams this summer, will reportedly be tied to a three-year contract, with the Bavarian club paying a fee of €1.2 million.

"I was incredibly conflicted about leaving," Kiyotake said at a press conference held Thursday afternoon at his team's clubhouse. "I wanted to have a good season with Cerezo this year and it was very difficult [to decide to go to Germany].

"But in the end I decided I needed a challenge. I want to help score goals [at Nurnberg]."

The attacker conceded that his wife convinced him to seal a move to the Bundesliga side.

"I talked to my wife about it," the 22-year-old elaborated. "She said 'If you have bad days, you'll have good ones as well. What's important is that you challenge yourself,' and that helped me come to my decision."

The attacking midfielder's long-awaited move to Nurnberg was the first of many transfers involving young Japanese stars expected to take place this summer.

Bayern Munich starlet Takashi Usami is expected to spend next season at Hoffenheim, while Kashiwa Reysol full-back Hiroki Sakai is likely to join Hannover.

"[Nurnberg] had been saying they wanted me to come since last summer and were very enthusiastic," the player said about his new team. "I think they want me to help change their style of play. I want to do well."

Kiyotake's final match for Cerezo will be at home on June 30 against Urawa Reds before flying to Germany the following day.

---------------------------

Another steal, this guy looks a natural in the national team with players like Kagawa and Honda, who are worth closer to €15m. I don't see how Nürnberg can lose in this transfer.

Bianconero81
04.07.2012, 12:31
Schalke just signed Omaru Makkoyuki :klin:

Another absolute steal :D

JuveJay
04.07.2012, 12:51
I heard he is really bad, and looks kinda funny.

Trequartista
04.07.2012, 12:51
So, when is Honda moving away from Russia? I'd like to see him in Serie A :tuttosport:

Bianconero81
04.07.2012, 12:55
I heard he is really bad, and looks kinda funny.

:( :mad: :ferocious Don't be dissing my cousin like that :P

Alen
04.07.2012, 13:30
This is awesome Jay, thanks. I've always been interested in knowing whats going on in the Japanese league since they've had some great players come over to Europe.

Also, the Mike Haveenar story is kinda cool. Its the other way around.
They didn't really.

Osman
04.07.2012, 13:42
Damn Bundesliga are really specializing in Japan, Gotoku Sakai (another Sakai who is fullback) signed for Stuttgart in January, saw him in a random league game and was impressive (so frigging gunho offensively).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a432xF_IhE

JuveJay
04.07.2012, 14:58
Go is a good player, he often ended up as the left back for the NT youth and at club level despite being right footed, the Japanese tend to train their right fullbacks to play both sides as standard. He will replace Nagatomo in the NT almost certainly.

Osman
04.07.2012, 15:28
Defenitely seems to have more skill on the ball then Nagatomo, and yeah how effortlessly two footed he is was noticeable in ze game in question (plus part of a game I saw vs Dortmund, played in both flanks after a substitution, without a drop in his offensive approach).

Have you seen the olympic Japanese team, lots of players you mentionned in this thread, Olympics falls under when I have vacation so will be intriguing to see this squad and others (Brasils one looks ridicolous):

GK: Gonda, Ando
DF: H.Sakai, G.Sakai, Tokunaga, Yoshida, Suzuki, Yamamura.
MF: Kiyotake, Muramatsu, Higashi, Yamaguchi, Ogihara, Usami.
FWD: Nagai, Otsu, Saito, Sugimoto.

JuveJay
04.07.2012, 15:41
They didn't really.
Yeah, not really. There are some very good players now, or those who have solid European careers, but the best Japanese players of the last 15-20 years mostly underachieved. Hide Nakata and Shunsuke Nakamura had degrees of success in Europe, they were amongst the very best and heroes for the national team, and Kagawa and Keisuke Honda could well be the ones to take it to the next level.

But the list of players who failed is a real gallery: Yanagisawa, Ogasawara, Ono, Takahara, Koji Nakata, Shoji Jo, Nishizawa, Kawaguchi, Oguro, Miyamoto, Okubo etc. All for varying reasons, some because they simply weren't good enough. Many better ones didn't even try, it's only in more recent years that they have started to leave en masse and at a younger age to develop.

This group of players aged 24 and under now should achieve more.

JuveJay
04.07.2012, 16:02
Defenitely seems to have more skill on the ball then Nagatomo, and yeah how effortlessly two footed he is was noticeable in ze game in question (plus part of a game I saw vs Dortmund, played in both flanks after a substitution, without a drop in his offensive approach).

Have you seen the olympic Japanese team, lots of players you mentionned in this thread, Olympics falls under when I have vacation so will be intriguing to see this squad and others (Brasils one looks ridicolous):

GK: Gonda, Ando
DF: H.Sakai, G.Sakai, Tokunaga, Yoshida, Suzuki, Yamamura.
MF: Kiyotake, Muramatsu, Higashi, Yamaguchi, Ogihara, Usami.
FWD: Nagai, Otsu, Saito, Sugimoto.
The JFA are a joke in terms of selection to be honest, not taking Ryo Miyaichi. They aren't trying to win the thing, they have wasted the overage players; Yoshida, Tokunaga - really? The third one is the 3rd choice keeper, Hayashi, who isn't even in the squad, he is on the back up list. They are just going with a young team, even Yoshida and Tokunaga are not really experienced.

The midfield area is really talented, they could contest well with teams there, the fullbacks are good, keeper is pretty good and the starting central defenders are competent. Up front is a big question mark. Otsu is really just a more direct AM/WF, but has a lot of skill and basically takes Ryo's spot. Nagai is blisteringly fast, I thought he was nothing but a runner until this season, he has added goals but I doubt he can do it at this level. Manabu Saito is a really interesting player who I've seen quite a lot of now he is at Marinos, but he's a skillful second striker and not a scorer either. Sugimoto is the wild card, U17 standout and seems to be growing rapidly in J2. He's 6'2" so will be the alternate option to the speed of Nagai, could be useful.

So yeah, Japan will probably struggle for goals. Shocker.

Osman
04.07.2012, 16:04
Yeah some of those older players you mention were mainly average players riding on a fad/trend after European clubs randomly decided they will try ane exotic Japanese player after the Nakata/Nakamura craze. In some of them I wouldnt be suprised if the clubs who bought them only looked at position and nationality :P But now its clear, obviously with Bundesliga mainly, they specialize and scout young talents from there with the purpose to groom and develop them (plus the Japanese players themselves truly wanting to explore the option). Since its a small footie nation, its output of quality talent is bound to be less, not too many Honda's or Kagawa's often, but their basic foundation as footie players is a good one for European footie, very technical and dynamic players.

---------- Post added 04.07.2012 at 16:07 ----------

The JFA are a joke in terms of selection to be honest, not taking Ryo Miyaichi. They aren't trying to win the thing, they have wasted the overage players; Yoshida, Tokunaga - really? The third one is the 3rd choice keeper, Hayashi, who isn't even in the squad, he is on the back up list. They are just going with a young team, even Yoshida and Tokunaga are not really experienced.

The midfield area is really talented, they could contest well with teams there, the fullbacks are good, keeper is pretty good and the starting central defenders are competent. Up front is a big question mark. Otsu is really just a more direct AM/WF, but has a lot of skill and basically takes Ryo's spot. Nagai is blisteringly fast, I thought he was nothing but a runner until this season, he has added goals but I doubt he can do it at this level. Manabu Saito is a really interesting player who I've seen quite a lot of now he is at Marinos, but he's a skillful second striker and not a scorer either. Sugimoto is the wild card, U17 standout and seems to be growing rapidly in J2. He's 6'2" so will be the alternate option to the speed of Nagai, could be useful.

So yeah, Japan will probably struggle for goals. Shocker.

Yeah I said that in another forum hehe, silky smooth Japanese players who wont be able to score, with attack being led by the Japanese Giovinco :D And yeah dont know the overall squad, but I noticed the absence of Ryo, and its not often Japanese NT play in official competitions like this so yeah should been smarter with the overage players. But will be exciting to see the two gunho Sakais and Kiyotake who seriously looks ridicolously talented (seems the only who has x-factor quality among this lists midfielders).

Nzoric
05.07.2012, 02:45
i was sure this was a subforum for the porn thread when i clicked it.

Fr3sh
05.07.2012, 03:59
I'm gonna ask this again, where can I follow the J-League on the internet via streams?

Trequartista
05.07.2012, 04:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEs0YhWPUt4

:lol2:

Klin
05.07.2012, 04:39
I'm gonna ask this again, where can I follow the J-League on the internet via streams?

JuveJay's private channel.

Treq. :lol:

JuveJay
05.07.2012, 10:53
Dude, I already said to check on the dates of the games, the usual sites;

http://atdhenet.tv/index.html
http://www.tvoo.eu/
http://www.stopstream.com/index.html
http://www.lshunter.tv/football-live-streaming-video.html
http://www.sportlemon.tv/
http://www.wiziwig.tv/competition.php?part...ipline=football (http://www.wiziwig.tv/competition.php?part=sports&discipline=football)
http://www.kofss-stream.tv/
http://www.firstrowsports.eu/
http://www.vipcanals.org/
http://www.rojadirecta.me/

Check them at this exact time I have posted, but on Saturday - the next batch of games are 7th July. The kickoffs are 6am, 10am 10.30am and 11am here, in Canada you are however many hours behind GMT depending where you are. Late night/early morning kickoffs. Good luck :D

Bianconero81
06.07.2012, 03:54
I had Onigiri yesterday. It wasn't as delicious as I expected it to be. I should always stick to buying stuff from the same outlet :sigh:

http://www.instructables.com/image/FWU3WYAFVW22GDM/How-to-make-an-Onigiri-rice-ball.jpg

ZoSo
06.07.2012, 03:59
Is that just a shitload of sushi rice?

Bianconero81
06.07.2012, 04:24
Rice balls wrapped in seaweed and stuffed with fish roe, tuna, salmon, etc...

ZoSo
06.07.2012, 04:26
ah. I probably wouldn't like it then, not really a big fan of most seafood though tuna in the can is good and smoked salmon too. Octopus & Squid are awesome though.

Bianconero81
06.07.2012, 04:29
I love seafood. Sashimi, Sushi, cooked, raw, grilled, fried, steamed, boiled, you get the picture.

I love Octopus and Squid as well. Oysters, Lobster, Crab, Salmon, Tuna, and all other kinds of fish too, including eel and sea urchin :heart:

I used to hate fish back in the day, but moving to Asia has turned me Asian (Arabs prefer bread and meat/chicken; I'm more of a rice and fish kinda guy) :D

ZoSo
06.07.2012, 04:35
I don't mind it but fish especially I don't really like and raw oysters :inter:

I much prefer meat & chicken over most seafood.

Lilith
06.07.2012, 04:44
I don't mind it but fish especially I don't really like and raw oysters

You should try raw oysters in some Trinidadian Oyster sauce. It's great!!

And I like sushi too.

ZoSo
06.07.2012, 04:52
Sushi is awesome. Not really sure if I want to have raw oyster again though..

Lilith
06.07.2012, 05:15
I don't blame you though. I just remember that I had oysters straight of the shell about 2 months ago and they were gross. If I had that before I had the other one I would have been turned off too.

Gabriel
06.07.2012, 06:10
Seafood is awesome niggas, you all must have STDs

ALC
06.07.2012, 06:38
I had Onigiri yesterday. It wasn't as delicious as I expected it to be. I should always stick to buying stuff from the same outlet :sigh:

http://www.instructables.com/image/FWU3WYAFVW22GDM/How-to-make-an-Onigiri-rice-ball.jpg

OMG, that's what Brock used to feed to Pokemons!

And yeah, Seafood is the best food by far.

Bianconero81
06.07.2012, 06:53
You all should come to Thailand. I'll treat you to seafood cooked/served in 3 different styles; Thai, Japanese, and Egyptian/Lebanese :D

Talk about derailing the thread; Onigiri is Japanese tho :P

Klin
06.07.2012, 09:27
Seafood > semen.

True story.

ZoSo
06.07.2012, 09:32
Seafood is awesome niggas, you all must have STDs

Multiple, my dick is like a corn cob.

---------- Post added 06.07.2012 at 17:32 ----------

Seafood > semen.

True story.

what about for aletta (dolan lips)?

Klin
06.07.2012, 10:04
what about for aletta (dolan lips)?

I have to wrap my Caracciolo with 4 Uramakis before I touch her, to get her going.

ZoSo
06.07.2012, 10:06
Like a sausage in a canyon?

Klin
06.07.2012, 10:12
Something like that.

Turk_Bianconero
06.07.2012, 10:26
OMG, that's what Brock used to feed to Pokemons!

What i thought:D

JuveJay
06.07.2012, 10:43
Dafuq.

Bianconero81
06.07.2012, 10:47
Sorry Jay :sheik: :oops:

JuveJay
14.07.2012, 17:01
Got my tickets confirmed for Japan v Honduras and Senegal v UAE Olympic football in Coventry. Double header for £20 :tup:

Bianconero81
14.07.2012, 21:14
Good deal :D

Japan and Senegal for the win(s) ;)

JuveJay
04.01.2013, 13:10
http://www.j-league.or.jp/yncup/img/newherophoto_2012.jpg

Hideki Ishige 石毛 秀樹 - Shimizu S-Pulse
Height: 1.68m
Weight: 58kg

Asian Young Footballer of the Year in 2011, he broke through at S-Pulse in 2012 with a dozen or so performances.

Artistic attacking midfielder who can play behind the forwards or from either flank. Strong off either foot, which makes him hard to cover when dribbling. Also has a real eye for a pass even from a deeper area, because of his excellent natural vision. Small and slight, like many of these kids, he'll need to fill out.

He's currently on trial with Manchester City whilst the Japanese season is out. I think he is largely there to gain a bit of experience with a big club and players, as well as for them to have a little look at him. So he's well on the radar for European clubs by now.

He's number 8 in the video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atd7Febm6pQ

---------------------------------------------------

- - - Updated - - -

http://i.imgur.com/YS6CE.png

Gaku Shibasaki 柴崎 岳 - Kashima Antlers
Position: CM (DM, AM)
Weight: 62kg

Last month he won the J-League Rookie of the Year award for 2012, which is testament to his growth as an important player in the league. The attacking central midfielder spot is now his own in Kashima. He was much sought after as a high school player, and seems to be building on that promise.

Personally I think he could replace Yasuhito Endo in the national team, given his passing range, awareness, similar swagger and flair with the ball at his feet. He's more mobile and versatile than Endo, able to play pretty much all across the midfield up to behind the forwards. But given those attributes and the plethora of attacking midfield options for Japan, he may end up playing a more central role.

He's one that will probably be drawing European bids by the middle of 2013, his profile is fairly high and he is around the full national team selection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iVX7bpV6hU

RAMI¹⁰
04.01.2013, 13:18
Japan :touched:

Dostoevsky
04.01.2013, 13:32
I'd love to visit Japan some day.

RAMI¹⁰
04.01.2013, 13:55
You must do so if you got the chance...

The best place ever :tup:

JuveJay
04.01.2013, 14:43
If you can eat sushi or McDonalds you're pretty much set :D

Bianconero81
04.01.2013, 16:53
Ramen, Onigiri, Teppenyaki, Katsu Curry, Sake, Japanese Beers, Love Motels/Hotels, etc... :D

Nzoric
05.01.2013, 00:07
52kg ? Osman's dick is heavier than that.

swag
05.01.2013, 00:10
Ramen, Onigiri, Teppenyaki, Katsu Curry, Sake, Japanese Beers, Love Motels/Hotels, etc... :D

Vending machines that sell girl's panties... used. http://files.softicons.com/download/culture-icons/japanese-dolls-icons-by-daily-overview/png/64x64/Japanese_Doll_2.png

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web02/2009/2/23/15/not-where-trains-should-go-20454-1235421680-15.jpg

RAMI¹⁰
05.01.2013, 00:43
If you can eat sushi or McDonalds you're pretty much set :D

:D

:delpiero:

JuveJay
05.01.2013, 02:30
52kg ? Osman's dick is heavier than that.
Well spotted, should be 62kg.

Bianconero81
05.01.2013, 04:39
Are we talking about the player's weight or Osman's dick? :shifty: :confused:

Gerd
05.01.2013, 23:07
Damn Bundesliga are really specializing in Japan, Gotoku Sakai (another Sakai who is fullback) signed for Stuttgart in January, saw him in a random league game and was impressive (so frigging gunho offensively).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a432xF_IhE

seen him in a couple of matches really impressive

JuveJay
23.01.2013, 18:20
http://www.soccer-king.jp/files/topics/15896_ext_03_0.jpg

Yuji Ono 小野 裕二 - Yokohama F-Marinos
Position: CF
Weight: 60kg

Flew onto the scene in the 2010 season with some great goals and games aged just 17, his progress was a little slower for 2011 but still impressive in a better side. He already has the number 10 shirt for one of the biggest sides in Japan and talent to match. Plays as a second striker and more a scorer of great goals than great goalscorer. He likes dribbling but often makes the right pass and has intelligence around the area. Another who seems to wriggle through challenges despite his size. He won't beat many physically, but the ball sticks to him. Great acceleration, and his dribbling at speed is his most dangerous asset.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKxbkfZvF_4
He's just joined Standard Liege, along with Kensuke Nagai. NT keeper Eiji Kawashima is already there.

Standard have 'turned Japanese'.

Enron
23.01.2013, 18:24
Ran out of Belgians.

JuveJay
23.01.2013, 20:54
Impossible, that would never happen.

GordoDeCentral
23.01.2013, 21:16
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSj45-vBxsL7YVKQYg7TlZQUzJMZ7SSjKpORZozfDWdfb82g0SL8w

swag
24.01.2013, 07:06
Not to mention it's not uncommon in Japan to get a whole refrigerator full of...

http://www.bushcat.com/jbits/smeg.jpg

JuveJay
21.02.2013, 17:04
http://blog-imgs-60.fc2.com/g/e/i/geisponewsinfo/497aeaba.jpg

Wataru Endo 遠藤 航 - Shonan Bellmare
Position: DC (SW, DM)
Height: 1.77m
Weight: 73kg

There are no real videos of this guy around, other than him scoring a couple of penalties. That might seem odd for a central defender but he is that type of player. Last year he scored 7 penalties as Shonan Bellmare won promotion to J1.

Being made captain of Bellmare aged 19 in J2 is an indication that this is a player with maturity and leadership. He is a ball-playing, all-action kind of central defender who can also step forward in position. Small even for a Japanese defender, but with a fantastic leap, his timing of headers is very good at both ends of the field.

His size also allows him to be mobile, and he has a fair amount of strength to go with it. Probably not strong or disciplined enough to be trusted in the defence of a decent European side right now, he's worth watching over the next few years. There is not a huge gulf between J1 and J2 teams because Japanese football isn't dictated by money, but it'll be interesting to see how he does against better foreign and national team players in J1 this season.

Osman
05.04.2014, 21:16
I'm going to revive this dead thread by posting a fairly intriguing dialogue between two of its best football imports. The crux is that the dialogue/interview is 4 years old, before last WC, but still interesting with the topic being issues of Japanese football:

Succeeding in Europe as a Japanese
Honda: In Europe I had to learn to win one-on-one battles just to survive on my team. In Japan all we learn is how to pass. When I was in Holland with VVV Venlo, we got relegated to the second division, and I thought, there’s no way I can be playing in the second division. Not me. I decided I needed to just score goals to get noticed and make it to the next level. No one was going to notice my passes. I couldn’t make it to the next level with assists.

Nakata: When you’re abroad nobody takes a Japanese soccer player seriously. Because of this, you just have to score. Then people start passing to you. It’s really simple abroad. Those who can’t score can’t make it abroad. Maybe it’s good that you dropped to the second division.

Virtues of Selfishness
Nakata: Do you want to do what’s right for the team and play balanced offensively and defensively? Or do you want to bring out your individual qualities and do what’s best for yourself and go forward and score? You have to let your individual qualities shine. Everyone will criticize you if the results don’t come. Your teammates, the media, coaches... Tell me, how do you feel when people criticize you? You probably don’t feel that bad being criticized. It gives you strength.

Honda: Yeah, I suppose I feel like I’m being noticed.

Nakata: I understand that feeling too. Actually if your defenders are telling you you’re doing a good job, there’s probably something wrong.

Honda: I want to be recognized for my style of play. I’m not a striker but… I want to be near the goal and take lots of shots… be a player that’s feared by the other team. I don’t want to be a defensive midfielder or side halfback at a big club. I want to be a player that a coach at a big club cannot live without unless he has me playing attacking center midfielder. Someone who scores goals or makes goals happen. The player that the defense hates the most. That’s who I want to be.

Nakata: it’s all about how much you can bring out your individual characteristics and how selfish you can be. This is especially true when playing on the Japan National Team. There’s a lot that people are going to criticize you for. But I believe you have to continue in your own way and this is the most important thing for you on the Japan National team.

Level of Japanese Soccer Today
Nakata: So how’s the team (Japan)?

Honda: Well, of course we’re the weakest of the four teams in our group. We have the lowest probability in the group, but we will fight them.

Nakata: Well from a skill level perspective, or if you look at speed over short distances or even strategy, there probably aren’t any teams that are that much better than us. In practice or mini-games, we’re really good. Japanese players can pass the ball around so quickly and skillfully. Even I feel unskilled compared to them!

Honda: The level of Japanese soccer is getting so much higher. We keep saying that but what does that mean? We’re playing soccer to get goals, right? So our skill level is going up, but what is skill? Are we scoring more goals because of this higher skill level?

Nakata: The technique that Japan possesses is the kind of technique you can use in practice. But that doesn’t translate into games. If you showed people a Japanese practice, people would think we’re at the very highest level in the world. Can we use this in game? No we can’t… That being said, if we can do it in practice, we should theoretically be able to use it in a game. But we can’t.

Honda: Why is that?

Nakata: We don’t know how to use the skill we possess. Understanding how the match progresses, how we put feelings into the game, the emotional aspect. We might be spec'd to go 300 kilometers per hour, but at this point, we only know how to go 200kph.

Honda: Maybe there’s something wrong with the way we practice.

Nakata: At least when I played for Japan that was true. I remember telling the media after the 2006 World Cup qualifiers that at this rate, Japan can’t win. Sometimes we can bring out our best. But we can’t bring that out constantly for an extended time. That’s what I experienced in qualifying. This game was good, that game was bad. We just don’t know how to bring it out every time. We don’t know how to approach games or practices. It’s the basis of everything, but it’s what’s missing for Japan right now. But we don’t approach practice like a match so you can’t bring out that emotion in a match. To bring something out in a match, you need to bring it out in practice. In a foreign practice, the players will come at you at full force and knock you with no problems.

Honda: Yes, that’s true. There are so many times I’ve even seen fights during practices.

Nakata: That’s how intense everyone is. That’s what’s missing with Japanese players. If you have that fight and the skills and speed and tactics, you can go far. I’m not one to tell my teammates to work harder or try harder. That’s something that is obvious to me. But I realize that’s what’s missing. In this World Cup, I don’t care to see the skills or tactics. They’re high already. What was missing in 2006 was our readiness and willingness to fight. I want to see if we’ve improved on that front for this World Cup.

Honda’s play at the World Cup
Nakata: What kind of play do you want to do at the World Cup?

Honda: It’s my first time. I wondered during the Champions League how nervous I’d get at the World Cup. I tried to make myself nervous on purpose before the games by telling myself, if we lose we’re out. I thought, then I could learn to control my nervousness during the World Cup. For me, it’s exciting. Preparation is everything. Do I have what it takes to score against Cameroon? Who knows? But in myself I do believe I have the ability. If I or the strikers don’t score who’s going to score? That’s how I think. Let’s quickly get forward instead of staying back. Let’s quickly take shots when the game starts. Score like you did against Juventus (when Nakata was with Roma). If I see a small opening I’ll shoot. How many times will I be able to get that shot? I have a feeling over 90 minutes this could possibly turn into one or two goals, hopefully. People watching will probably say, “You suck!" and "Why don’t you pass to the open forward?!” I know you’re supposed to pass to the open player. That’s the “correct” thing to do… But, I don’t think we can play pretty soccer. I know ideally we want to play the Japanese style of soccer, but maybe we will only go in front of the goal twice. People say don't take too many risks, but I’m afraid of not taking risks. Isn’t it a bigger risk not to take risks? What’s the point if we don’t take risks?

Final Advice from Nakata:

Nakata: A selfish player either ends up being an idiot or a great player. If you get the results, you’re great. If not, you’re an idiot. But if they think you’re an idiot, it doesn’t end there. Eventually selfish players usually rise to the top. They might say, “He never passes, but he takes every shot and every free kick”. Eventually the selfish player will score and be a hero and everything in the past is forgotten. That’s the world of soccer. If you keep listening around you and pass the ball because you’re told to, if you don’t have that selfishness, you’ll end up being a good player, but you’ll never be an exceptional player. Even when you don’t produce results, stay strong. Especially abroad, you have to be selfish if you want to keep rising to the top. Based on my experience, you have to do that. I was someone who wasn’t able to unleash all of my selfishness. My biggest regret in my soccer life was that I couldn’t be selfish enough. You’re about to take a similar path to mine, and you seem like the kind of player who wants to bring your talents and qualities out. So my advice to you is to bring it out even more.

I’ve been watching you and you’re playing very well offensively and you’re scoring goals. This is simple and important. Even within the Japanese National Team, what we are missing most is scoring ability. Games with scores of 4-3 or 5-4, can we do a game like that? Right now, we can’t. We need to become a team that can get goals. Go ahead and go forward and score goals. It’s very important. You’re going to continue abroad and deliver results. Don’t worry about matching with the team, I hope you continue to do what you think is right and be selfish.

What I was expecting of Honda Keisuke as a person and soccer player turned out to be correct after meeting you today. I felt like I’m probably really similar to you.

Honda: I felt that way too, and I’m really happy about it!!

Nakata: Because I think we're similar, I'll tell you that I have these regrets about not being selfish enough in my soccer life, and I want you to play so you don’t have those regrets. You probably have a lot of questions and what not, but I just want you to not have the same regrets. I just want to see how selfish you can be. How much of a hero can you be? I want you to come back after the World Cup and at worst say, “(Nakata), because of you, we lost in the World Cup!” How much are you going to play like yourself? That’s what I’m excited to see. It’s like Beckham. He’s blamed for England losing (in 1998) and then later (in 2002) he’s the hero. It’s one or the other. I’ don’t want to be mediocre – that’s the worst. I’d rather be the worst or the best. Be one or the other. Finally, don’t get too nervous about the world cup (laughs). Just take that first shot, and you’ll be OK. Well, it’s not anything to get nervous about.

Honda: Well you’ve been in three World Cups!

Nakata: Now there’s players on the team who’ve been in four World Cups! Goalkeepers, Narazaki and Kawaguchi.

Honda: Well you could’ve played in four!

Nakata: HAHAHA, I’ll reconsider it after 2010 is done!

- - - Updated - - -

And on unrelated note, I hope Juve scout this dude in WC :agree:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPok10DrJAQ

JuveJay
05.04.2014, 21:40
I'll do some updates when the league has kicked on a bit.

Gep
05.04.2014, 21:56
I can't take Japanese players seriously. Don't ask me why.

Osman
05.04.2014, 23:52
I can't take Japanese players seriously. Don't ask me why.

What on earth could make you think that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLnfGvMP0LM

JuveJay
09.10.2014, 16:00
Osman

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/176579857-musashi-suzuki-of-japan-poses-prior-to-the-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QSkHGd3W4VPFUwzu%2BtWawAc5hj DlYY5wx2FLCwzirNVr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixkIy2r-7sY

Jamaican-Japanese striker from Albirex Niigata, Musashi Suzuki.

Personally I don't think he's all that great, but definitely something different compared to other Japanese strikers.

Osman
09.10.2014, 17:44
If your career is like 3 goals they keep rewinding for 1 minute then yeah you arent that great :D But cool name, first name atleast, anything thing that reminds me of Miyamoto :tup:

JuveJay
19.05.2015, 17:16
Just seeing how the following players developed in a couple of years:

http://www.bundesliga.com/media/images/12_bl_com/200x200/h96_sakai_200.jpg
Hiroki Sakai - moved to Hannover and has become a starter there, valued around €4m (TM).

http://www.sportgate.de/images/small_1_1/-Der-Hannoveraner-Hiroshi-Kiyotake-hat-sich-am-Knoechel-verletzt-Foto-Peter-Steffen-.jpg
Hiroshi Kiyotake - also at Hannover having moved from Nurnberg, another starter, valued around €5m.

http://jto.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/sj20111029a1a-200x200.jpg
Naoki Yamada - suffered from horrible injuries which kept him out for over a year combined, now on loan at Shonan Bellmare and rebuilding his career. Valued around €0.3m

http://i.imgur.com/tPPOyam.png
Yuji Ono - moved to Standard Liege, where he is in and out of the team and seems to mostly be used on the wings, valued around €1.5m.

http://www.bundesliga.com/media/images/12_bl_com/200x200/bsc_bre_md1_look_haraguchi_200.jpg
Genki Haraguchi - moved to Hertha BSC and has played with more regularity as the season has worn on, valued around €1.5m.

http://blog.tagesanzeiger.ch/zumrundenleder/wp-content/uploads/sites/19/2013/08/Kubo1-200x200.jpg
Yuya Kubo - moved to Young Boys where he has been used largely as the second striker rather than the main CF as he did in Japan, with a modest goal return, valued around €1.5m.

http://i.imgur.com/c2vrrWV.png
Akimi Barada - still at Kashiwa Reysol where he has played nearly 200 games aged 23. I'm not convinced someone will take a chance on him in Europe, he is more of a steady two way player than a stand out. Valued around €0.7m.

http://jto.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/w3-jsoccer-a-20131028-e1382880589232-200x200.jpg
Yosuke Kashiwagi - still at Urawa Reds, one of the better attacking midfielders in the league, but at 27 he seems to have little interest in him or in moving abroad. Valued around €1.5m.

http://i.imgur.com/l0RNHMK.png
Junya Tanaka - moved to Sporting Lisbon where he has surprised me a little by actually playing some games and scoring a few goals. I didn't think he was quite good enough for that level but he does have a formidable shot and good strength. Valued around €2.2m.

http://i.imgur.com/ocXGkoh.png
Hideki Ishige - still at Shimizu S-Pulse but he's only a baby still at 20 and is finding his feet. A second good season in Japan will probably see more links to Europe, which he has had since he was 18. Valued around €1m.

http://i.imgur.com/pTe1zrx.png
Gaku Shibasaki - still at Kashima Antlers but surely won't be for long, aged 22 he is smashing the 2015 season up with controlled midfield performances, assists, chances and the odd goal. He has quality on the ball and a good engine. Expect him to be moving in the near future. Valued around €1.5m.

http://i.imgur.com/mkrioij.png
Wataru Endo - still at Shonan Bellmare but may well step up to a bigger Japanese side in the near future. He's still 22 but developing well, and always a threat at the other end. I can't remember a defensively positioned player who gets into so many scoring chances and plays the ball so often. Very strong in the air for the league. Valued around €1m.

========================

I'll be adding new players excelling in the 2015 season; Keijiro Ogawa, Takashi Usami, Yoshinori Muto, Takuma Asano, Shunsuke Motegi, Takuya Iwanami, Naoki Maeda and Ryota Oshima.

Siamak
19.05.2015, 17:45
forza Japanese :tup:

i remember when nakata played in fiorentina and he was one of the best asia football.I believe all players that you mentioned have a bright future ahead of them.

swag
19.05.2015, 17:46
As a Sportinguista myself, Tanaka has been good.

lgorTudor
19.05.2015, 18:01
tfw my local club has two japanese players and they're crap and semi crap :/

Señor Papito
31.05.2015, 03:05
Japanese star Yoshinori Muto joins compatriot Shinji Okazaki at Mainz05
JuveJay

Trequartista
31.05.2015, 03:14
JJ strikes me as the kind of guy who watches anime :D

Am I right?

Osman
31.05.2015, 03:16
He was heavily linked with Chelsea, I assumed PR move since it wasnt destination Germany as usual hehe (over a dozen of them there now, woh), even if he is a good talent. Should fit in well in Mainz.

Kiyotake is still the most interesting for me in current players, sick fucking freekicks :tup:

You didnt mention the other Sakai who is also fullback, he is not doing well in Stuttgart?

Señor Papito
31.05.2015, 05:39
Good post Osman

I also like Uchida at Schalke 04. Kiyotake ain't no Nakamura tho.

JuveJay
31.05.2015, 15:18
I will get around to updating this soon, just been busy.

I always liked Kiyotake. Inui too. I think Haraguchi might also do something in the Bundesliga. Japanese players seem to be desirable for that league these days. Which is a shame for the likes of Jungo Fujimoto or Kengo Nakamura, who were just as talented but a step too early.

I rarely ever watched any anime, btw.

Chelsea did want Muto, Yokohama Tyres pushed for it, but he is better off somewhere like Mainz. He looked too good for the J. League, as does Usami (again).

JuveJay
01.06.2015, 16:43
http://i.imgur.com/C7BGZxO.png

Keijiro Ogawa 小川 慶治朗 - Vissel Kobe
Position: RW (AM, LW)
Weight: 65kg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCqFKF32pDs

He is small and stocky and causes all sorts of problems for defenders in both and central areas. He's very quick off the mark, often beating defenders who are a lot closer to the ball, and his strength is good for his small size.

Personally I think he doesn't score enough for the chances he gets (often by himself), but he has started to improve on that. Someone will take a chance on him. He was linked to a few teams in Europe when he broke through (Udinese and Parma were two), and he is establishing himself now.

- - - Updated - - -

http://i.imgur.com/iDXZjeQ.png

Takashi Usami 宇佐美 貴史 - Gamba Osaka
Position: SS (LW, CF)
Height: 1.78m
Weight: 68kg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h69DanfJNZo

European fans know this guy for his unsuccessful loan spells at Bayern and Hoffenheim, but he's making a big comeback in the J. League and already looks set for a second stint in Europe. He may well stay in Japan for another season or two, much depends on the offer.

He reads the game well, plays the quick-slow game very well, he can dribble, run, shoot off both feet and also make assists. He is pretty tall for a Japanese player in this position and has the size to be a success.

This season he has just gone off the charts, after a 10+10 season last year. He already has 10 goals in 12 J. League game, 4 goals in the Asian Champions League, this guy needs to prove he can make the same kind of impact as Kagawa.

- - - Updated - - -

http://images.supersport.com/2015/4/Yoshinori%20Muto-150410-Inaction-G300.jpg

Yoshinori Muto 武藤 嘉紀 - FC Tokyo (Mainz 2015-16)
Position: LW (CF, RW)
Height: 1.79m

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE1jkhR8Id8

Cheating a little here as the guy has joined Mainz for €5m after rejecting a move to Chelsea, but he's really exploded this season after a good 2014. Usami and the experienced centre forward Yohei Toyoda are the only players keeping him off the top of the scoring charts.

More than a penalty box striker, he often plays off the wing but arrives in central areas. Not as skillful as a classic Japanese WF or AM, but not an all-out CF. He's more in line with someone like Okazaki, and long term should replace him in the NT.

I expect the Germans will use him in a wider area to begin with, but he is very direct and focused on goal.

Señor Papito
02.06.2015, 02:37
Goood shit JuveJay

JuveJay
04.06.2015, 12:18
http://i.imgur.com/7dPz7fI.png

Takuma Asano 浅野 拓磨 - Sanfrecce Hiroshima
Position: CF (SS)
Height: 1.71m

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz0CCsL4Euk

Not much video footage of the guy but he did hit the news with this nice goal earlier in the season, which made goal of the week. He's a squat and direct 'running striker' as I call them. A bit like Michael Owen in style, just without the finishing. He's more of a support or legs for the regular front two, but I could see him replacing veteran Hisato Sato long term.

I've no idea if he could succeed in Europe, I'm not sure how many openings there are for this type of striker. He'd probably end up being pushed into a wide area where he is not as dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

http://i.imgur.com/t5hcrhj.png

Shunsuke Motegi 茂木 駿佑 - Vegalta Sendai
Position: RW

No video as he is just a baby, came up from the Sendai Youth team this winter and surprisingly went into the first team early on. Only recently has he been left out for a few games. He's a small winger who is quick and good with the ball off both feet, he's a good dribbler, and he has a strong dead ball game. He will bulk out a little over time.

It's far too early to tell what his potential is, but he has been the most impressive rookie of his age thus far this season.

- - - Updated - - -

http://i.imgur.com/ZCF7s1k.png

Takuya Iwanami 岩波 拓也 - Vissel Kobe
Position: DC
Height: 1.85m

Good luck finding a video of a Japanese central defender but I can tell you a lot about this guy, because he has been on the radar for a long time. He was captain of the U17 NT, he was a regular in J2 for Vissel and won J2 Young Player of the Year in 2013, and has established himself as a starter in J1. He is tall (as far as Japanese defenders go), strong in contact, good with the ball and contributes to starting attacks, and he even has a good dead ball, especially from free-kicks.

PSV tried to get hold of him around the time he was in the U17 NT, but he stayed in Japan and is definitely on the radar of European clubs. For me he's the best central defensive prospect Japan have, and he could be as good as Maya Yoshida one day.

Slightly off topic but a good interview with Maya on the subject of breaking ground and the issues Asian players face in big physical positions, such as goalkeeper, central defender or centre forward: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/maya-yoshida-interview-if-people-call-this-success-it-is-not-enough-for-me-10107108.html

JuveJay
05.06.2015, 13:00
http://i.imgur.com/tb5T2RU.png

Naoki Maeda 前田 直輝 - Matsumoto Yamaga
Position: SS (RW, CF)
Weight: 66kg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tdmsQGBhk0

This guy is fun to watch, he's extremely direct both dribbling and shooting the ball, his game is mostly coming in off the wing and trying to blitz defenders with either using his strong left foot. Downsides to his game are his general finishing and being a bit too individualistic at times.

I'm almost certain you'll see a European team take a chance on this guy with him being so entertaining and direct, he'd really suit German football.

BTW love this video of this goal of his just for the amazing fans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W25y-lb0Y10

Nicholas
05.06.2015, 14:11
I turned some Japanese down at lunch today.

JuveJay
05.06.2015, 14:31
Sorry Nick this is not the thread to discuss your latest ladyboy encounters.

JuveJay
05.06.2015, 17:16
http://i.imgur.com/nZE7vS9.png

Ryota Oshima 大島 僚太 - Kawasaki Frontale
Position: CM (AM, RW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI8OAzXotwQ

Oshima is probably the biggest CM prospect around, great little passer, always involved in build up and link play, always looking to pass and move. He chips in with the odd goal but it's not a strong point. Essentially he's somewhere between a #8 and a deeper #10, but with more mobility and less strength than the average European-based player. For that reason it might be less likely to see him excel outside of a Japanese system.

Itztli
05.06.2015, 18:30
Nice reporting Jay. Just inspired me to do a thread like this for American players.

Although I have to ask as to why their seems to be a lack of Central Defenders coming out of J.League and Japan? Even with the lack of height, you can produced a Cannavaro or Mascherano. Both of which arent tall Centerbacks

Osman
05.06.2015, 18:51
They are little creative attacking midfielders(playmakers/wingers) or little technical 2nd forward basically :D Ocassional mobile compact fullback. But all fit the same physically lacking profile mainly, barely ever physically strong/tall to be ideal for European footie most of the time. But Jay posted a CB talent in previous page, Iwanami, I just looked as his big stature and assumed this guy besides talent, is good match for euro adventure.

Reminds me kind of issues Portugal has had for ages, they only produce the same kind of players in their style of system.

Trequartista
05.06.2015, 20:26
Miss Japan 2015 Osman Fr3sh Mohad

http://www.afro.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Ariana-Miyamoto-Miss-Universe-Japan-2015-002-257x300.jpg

Osman
05.06.2015, 20:52
Damn, just read up on her. Very insular, conservative and homogenous Japanese defenitely wont accept her (or other half-Japanese) even after winning. Though winning in itself is little progress I guess.

swag
05.06.2015, 20:53
"But she's hafu!" :rndh:

Trequartista
05.06.2015, 20:55
Damn, just read up on her. Very insular, conservative and homogenous Japanese defenitely wont accept her even after winning. Though winning in itself is little progress I guess.

She's hot.

Osman
05.06.2015, 20:57
She is :)

But couldnt help but be sadden a bit by reading further down on this article of the personal accounts of other half japanese people have to go through http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/30/world/asia/biracial-beauty-queen-strives-for-change-in-mono-ethnic-japan.html

Trequartista
05.06.2015, 20:59
Yeah there's a lot of racism in Japan.

I get it that they want to preserve their unique culture and they don't want it to change but they don't have to be dicks about it.

swag
05.06.2015, 21:02
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RBvVgRx7B8

Mohad
05.06.2015, 22:07

http://www.afro.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Ariana-Miyamoto-Miss-Universe-Japan-2015-002-257x300.jpg

Damn, just read up on her. Very insular, conservative and homogenous Japanese defenitely wont accept her (or other half-Japanese) even after winning. Though winning in itself is little progress I guess.

Yeah there's a lot of racism in Japan.

I get it that they want to preserve their unique culture and they don't want it to change but they don't have to be $#@!s about it.

Just read her story :touched:

It's Japan after all, where some of them can't even stand beauty, let alone being racists.

blondu
05.06.2015, 22:11
japan :heart:

miss japan :fapp:

Fr3sh
06.06.2015, 09:51

I need to see that ass before I pass a judgement :P

- - - Updated - - -

But she is real cute though

JuveJay
23.06.2015, 17:22
http://i.imgur.com/6AVBs4m.png

Masatoshi Kushibiki 櫛引政敏 - Shimizu S-Pulse
Position: GK
Height: 1.85m
Weight: 82kg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AIPLJ4bFW0

Finally a goalkeeper of note, Kushibiki is basically the only young Japanese goalkeeper who starts regularly in J1. This is his first season as a #1 and he has shown a lot of promise.

Very modern type of goalkeeper, controls his area well and often plays as a sweeper. His kicking is strong out of hand and on the ground, and he is mobile. His youth development as an outfield player is very evident with his use of the ball at feet. In terms of shot stopping he is above average, his agility is good, like most Japanese goalkeepers, and he usually gets a strong hand to shots. The attacking, technique-based nature of Japanese football means that keepers have a lot to deal with and porous defences in front of them, so they always get chances to make saves.

What sets him apart from other young keepers is his calmness around the area, he plays like a more experienced keeper and positions himself well. There are clear mistakes in decision making, but those will happen for any young keeper. I wouldn't be surprised to see him as the Japan #1 one day, as the only decent keeper close to his age is Shuichi Gonda.

At just over six foot he is on the lower end of the height scale for traditional European-based keepers, but for his style his height is fairly common.

- - - Updated - - -

http://p.twpl.jp/show/large/zCGLX

Takahiro Sekine 関根 貴大 - Urawa Red Diamonds
Position: RM (RW)
Height: 1.67m
Weight: 61kg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhQW2p8M_Hs

This kid is a bit of a nightmare for defenders because he goes inside and outside off the wing with aggression, very direct dribbler, also likes to play a lot of give and go football. Very small and hard to get off the ball without giving a free-kick away, he has excellent acceleration and good vision. He reminds me of Giovinco when he has the ball at his feet, but he's more aggressive and direct.

He is playing in a very strong Reds team so looks even better this year. Last year was his first full season, which was a real breakthrough for him, and this year he is just another level with 4 goals and 6 assists approaching the halfway stage.

Considering his age, skill and aggressive style he should have a good career. He's small so is restricted to playing around opposition players, but he is quite stocky and can hold his own in possession.

- - - Updated - - -

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/565058715649196032/rPJgYLBM.jpeg

Gen Shōji 昌子 源 - Kashima Antlers
Position: DC (DL)
Height: 1.82m
Weight: 74kg

Up until high school Shoji played as a centre forward, but his then coach saw potential in him as a central defender. His background as a forward is easy to see; he is good with the ball, he always looks to be an attacking threat on set pieces, but he also has good traits as a defender. At six foot tall he is both mobile and willing to do the dirty defensive work. Probably not the strongest defender you will ever come across, indeed he had to improve his physique once he made the switch to defence, but he positions his body well in direct duels. He's a decent tackler and jumps well, but is also one of the better defenders at harrying opposition players. In this sense he reminds me a lot of Yuji Nakazawa.

Japan aren't blessed with many excellent central defenders, but Shoji's hard work and determination has seen him establish himself with Antlers, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a player like that take another step.