Xherdan Shaqiri (1 Viewer)

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010

Early life and career

Shaqiri was born in Gjilan, Kosovo, to an ethnic Albanian family. He moved to Basel, Switzerland as a child and played for SV Augst and FC Basel's youth team. While on Basel's youth team, he played in the Under-15 Nike Cup 2007 and was named the best player of the tournament, and, despite having several other clubs attempting to sign him, he decided to stay with Basel. Just two years later, Shaqiri signed his first professional contract with Basel on 2 January 2009. The contract will keep him at St. Jakob-Park until January 2011.[1]

Shaqiri made his Basel debut as a substitute in the Basel's season opening game of the 2009–10 season against FC St. Gallen on 12 July 2009, at the AFG Arena.[2] On 9 November, he scored his first goal for Basel in a 4–1 win over Neuchâtel Xamax at home.[3] At the end of the 2009-10 season Shaqiri won the national Double with Basel and a year later won League Championship title again.

International career

Shaqiri's debut for the Swiss U-21 team was on 11 November 2009 in the EM - qualification game in Hüseyin Avni Aker Stadium, Trabzon, as the Swiss team beat Turkey 3:1. His first goal for the U-21 team was against Denmark U-21 on 11 June in the 2011 UEFA U-21 Championship opening match as Switzerland won 1:0.

Shaqiri's debut for the Swiss national was in the friendly game against Uruguay on 3 March 2010. He was a surprise call-up for the national team at the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa. Shaqiri scored his first international goal in the 1:3 defeat against England during the Euro 2012 qualifier. It was a long range left footed shot into the top left corner of the goal. On the 6 September 2011 he scored a hat trick as Switzerland defeated Bulgaria 3-1. Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew was in attendance at the game which led to speculation he may want to buy him.

Honours

Basel

Swiss Cup: 2010
Swiss Super League: 2010, 2011
Uhrencup Winner: 2011​

Buy on AliExpress.com

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
One of the best talents out there and on top of that he is from my home town, his first-cousin plays for my local club.

Forza Shaqiri's !!

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
I'm becoming a fanboy. Since that Switz-England game, passing for the U21 tournment and now in the CL, I never really saw a bad game from this guy.

Benfica's LB (not really good, but still) looked like an amateur player against him. And he got a red card, by the way.

Jul 1, 2010
I'm becoming a fanboy. Since that Switz-England game, passing for the U21 tournment and now in the CL, I never really saw a bad game from this guy.

Benfica's LB (not really good, but still) looked like an amateur player against him. And he got a red card, by the way.
He was good today?

Pepedinho said that he was average, not that I trust his judgement.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
He was good today?

Pepedinho said that he was average, not that I trust his judgement.
Well, he was the best of his team and the only real dangerous guy from his side, but he needs to pass more the ball, even if his team mates are not very good. He kind of plays alone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)