Neymar - Forward - PSG (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I think you're delusional, but I don't hate you. :D

He's a good finisher so he'll score when the ball comes to him. Primarily, what I said is true. He tends to score via diagonal runs and thru balls played from the midfield and the support striker (analyze every sing goal if you want). You can switch things around to suit your opinion.

To answer your question, name one player that provides good service out of the Juve midfield. Krasic sometimes, usually he creates for himself. Aquilani (technically not a Juve player) can play that ball but hasn't shown much. Aside from that there isn't anyone. Juventus strikers get virtually no service as it is, how is Dzeko going to change this?

I'm just playing devil's advocate here, but what if Juve spend 40 million or whatever astronomical fee Wolfsburg demand and don't get Cassano? Or anyone else? What then.:D

It just seems silly to me to spend so much on a single player (be it Neymar or Dzeko) when the team has so many holes. I'd look to buy a left sided player and a striker and then look at the defense.
:agree: on the whole post :beer:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Any business activity involves taking risk, so does one transfer.

I believe he'd justify his price.
:tup:

People assume its all hype too quickly, as much as sometimes people just hype. He is 18 and he has scored 50 plus goals already for his Club. And he is generally quite versatile in his qualities, not a showpony but productive too.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
:tup:

People assume its all hype too quickly, as much as sometimes people just hype. He is 18 and he has scored 50 plus goals already for his Club. And he is generally quite versatile in his qualities, not a showpony but productive too.
I agree. I think his play is quite mature and it's one of the reasons I like the guy.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You mean he is a showpony, right?
He shows off AND is productive, Robinho is more someone tends to be style over substance, Neymar is quite effective as a player still (still carrying his team despite being the sole one around of their awesome attack from months back).

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
How did you come to that conclusion?
The same reason we spent over 50 Million on Diego & Melo.

Granted we would not be able to fix our team but we will have more than 30 Million in the mercato this year if we qualify for the Champions League.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Nope, I never said that, as we can't afford him now.

I just say that he's good and how price would be justified IMO.
I know you didn't say that but even if we could afford it how could it be justified?

If Dzeko who is setting the european stage alight & banging in the goals in an established league would cost about the same amount, why go for the kid that hasn't tested himself amongst europes elite?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
The same reason we spent over 50 Million on Diego & Melo.

Granted we would not be able to fix our team but we will have more than 30 Million in the mercato this year if we qualify for the Champions League.
Can't look in the past, look at our recent transfer. It's pretty clear we don't have any money now.

I know you didn't say that but even if we could afford it how could it be justified?

If Dzeko who is setting the european stage alight & banging in the goals in an established league would cost about the same amount, why go for the kid that hasn't tested himself amongst europes elite?
Again, I never said I'd prefer him over Dzeko. I didn't really read many posts here so no idea if anyone said that.

Price is a complicated thing and many factors change it. Like only the fact that he's a talented Brazilian will raise his price, Brazilian market does that same as it's one of the most expensive markets out there. I agree price sounds high but you take the risk and pay the potential he offers.

Kaka, world class player, choked in Madrid so we can't be sure Dzeko would shine and Neymar would flop, it's why I said every business activity involves taking risk. Benzema also had huge price back in the days and now we have Lukaku who also costs a loooot and why? Because he scored 100 goals for youth Anderlecht? Well, yes and no. It's potential we go after usually and this guy surely has it.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Again, I never said I'd prefer him over Dzeko. I didn't really read many posts here so no idea if anyone said that.

Price is a complicated thing and many factors change it. Like only the fact that he's a talented Brazilian will raise his price, Brazilian market does that same as it's one of the most expensive markets out there. I agree price sounds high but you take the risk and pay the potential he offers.

Kaka, world class player, choked in Madrid so we can't be sure Dzeko would shine and Neymar would flop, it's why I said every business activity involves taking risk. Benzema also had huge price back in the days and now we have Lukaku who also costs a loooot and why? Because he scored 100 goals for youth Anderlecht? Well, yes and no. It's potential we go after usually and this guy surely has it.
But the beauty of buying players with 'potential' is that you don't have to pay 30 million euros for them. Krasic had potential, we bought him for 15 million and he's turned out to be a steal. And the reason we didn't pay 30 million is because he was yet to fulfill that potential at a higher level.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Lol at you guys, ONLY issue is being Non eu, nothing else, we ask for the club to go for quality/talented youngsters before they become one of the best around alot around this forum. Neymar defenitely is that calibre, he is VERY productive despite his young age and attitude issues etc (doesnt let it effect his performance, unlike Robinho). I repeat, ONLY issue is non eu pass or not, because the kid is defenitely work the risk in general.
I can't be certain but I thought all Brazilians were eligible to apply for Portuguese citizenship?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)