Tackles and offsides (2 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Just another old topic, I was wondering how this one would turn out....

Should you play with tackles when you're just playing casually with your friends?

And should we get rid of the offside rule in professional soccer?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
This sounds familiar! :D

Keep the tackles as long as they are tackles and not attempts to criple the opponent.

The offside rule is either to be abolished or we have to find a way to make it more obvious and easier for linesmen.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #3
    Yeah but tackles destroy the flow of the game AND produce a risk of injury. Why would you risk injury when you're playing casually?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Tackles bring an essential part of the excitement with them I think. I used to play striker and it was always a challenge to avoid tackles from a certain friend of mine!

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #5
    All I know is I'm talented enough to injure myself, I don't need any outside help.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    Yeah but tackles destroy the flow of the game AND produce a risk of injury. Why would you risk injury when you're playing casually?
    because it's great fun!

tackles are fun, of course it could cause injury, but its football, not....eh...chess. injury is a part of the game too.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    I've been playing football with a bunch of friends for more than 3 years, and can't remember any serious injuries .. apart from rare incidents .. when we play together we have fun without any hard tackles that do nothing but injuries .. they are not fun .. if u get someone injured u feel extremely bad for him, and in turn he suffers and may stop enjoying playing football for a long period ... thats why we dont play with hard tackles

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #8
    Ok let's define the term "tackle". What I mean by that is the nasty slide tackles people chop you down with, whether it's from the side, from behind or heavens knows where else. Small "collisions" (all players standing up) that sometimes happen when you're going too fast and bump into someone I don't qualify for this category. I think they are inevitable anyway, as long as you don't intentionally go for them.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    And then there are slidings with one leg to the ball, two etc. etc.

Like I said: Keep the tackles as long as they are tackles and not attempts to criple the opponent.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    Ok let's define the term "tackle". What I mean by that is the nasty slide tackles people chop you down with, whether it's from the side, from behind or heavens knows where else.
    thats the best tackles!!!!

the times i have saved my team by leagally chopping down a player thats alone with the keeper are just heaven

Jul 12, 2002
    Just another old topic, I was wondering how this one would turn out....

Should you play with tackles when you're just playing casually with your friends?

And should we get rid of the offside rule in professional soccer?
    1. yes, it is a key part of the game, but casually, they need to be non-contact. I am a good tackler, and I can take the ball from a guy from almost any angle ona tackle without coming in contact with him, that is how it should be.

2. No. Offsides is essential in keeping the game reasonable. What needs to happen is a restructuring of the way that it is called. The officials need to only call it when the call is obvious. It is better to miss a close call, than to call offsides when it isn't there.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
    1. yes, it is a key part of the game, but casually, they need to be non-contact. I am a good tackler, and I can take the ball from a guy from almost any angle ona tackle without coming in contact with him, that is how it should be.
    If it only was so well. If it was like that, I wouldn't say nothing, I would have no reason. But that never happens with the people I play with.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #13
    ++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++

thats the best tackles!!!!

the times i have saved my team by leagally chopping down a player thats alone with the keeper are just heaven
    Heaven for some people :rolleyes:

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    Unfortunately, my best friend and fav. strike partner had a rough tackle more than 1 year, and he had to do 2 operations in Germany on his knee, he still can't shoot a ball and needs to do more operations before he can play again :down:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    The knee is very vulnerable, I know.... Sorry to hear that!

I agree with having tackles but only if there correct tackles! Not cripling ones!

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002

Heaven for some people :rolleyes:
    i don't tackle if i'm not sure that i can hit the ball, but i i know i can hit the ball i go in as hard as i can, and of course i hurt both myself and others now and then, but i think thats fair, cause i'm playing by the rules by hitting the ball first

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Tackles are cool,as for the debate about the offside rule,I think it should be altered,not abolished but changed in some way to make it easier for linesmen.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #20
    You just said that sometimes you go in as hard as you can and you hurt yourself and the other player in the process consciously. So when you consciously hurt another player, when you know it's gonna happen, I don't exactly see how you can excuse that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)