San Francesco (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Is it just me or is Toldo losing his touch? In the Juve game he made a horrible miss that resulted in Guly's goal and last night vs Roma both Montella's and Cassano's shots looked possible if not obvious, I think he should have been able to get at least one of them. But alas, this is very scarce evidence, maybe someone has seen more of him lately.

Any opinions?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Is it just me or is Toldo losing his touch? In the Juve game he made a horrible miss that resulted in Guly's goal and last night vs Roma both Montella's and Cassano's shots looked possible if not obvious, I think he should have been able to get at least one of them. But alas, this is very scarce evidence, maybe someone has seen more of him lately.

Any opinions?
Uh, you can't lose something that you never had...

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

Any opinions?
I don't think he's lost his touch. I've seen him in the champions league, and I can say for sure that he hasn't lost his one on one abilities. To me he seems like a player with heavy ups and downs in his form. There is Euro 2000 when he was arguably Italy's best player. His inconcistensy was particularily evident with Fiorentina, maybe because they're a worse team and his mistakes show more, where he'd be outstanding for weeks and then suddenly drop in form.
You say he seems to have lost his touch, it may be just a turn in form. But who knows? He could have lost it, he may never have an upswing in form again. I think he's got a couple of years in him still, though. Allthough Inter will probably keep him for 5 or 6.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I agree Martin, he is on a major dip in form, the Newcastle game, the juve game, the Roma game... he was poor in all three

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
true!!!!
and it is weird! i was realy upset when he signed for Inter as he did amazingly well during Euro2000 but then we signed Buffon and all is gained!!!!

concerning the mistakes he did against Roma, Juventus and Newcastle Toldo has not lost his touch but he has never been "excellent" saving shots from long range efforts!!! and looking at the goals he conceded during this game! ALL of them were the result of a long range effort! he either couldn't clear it properly or couldn't get to it!!!!!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
well,at least he can score:p

btw i imvho they should never have sold frey to parma,a major mistake.he was already much better than toldo then.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Well as for the Roma game, I don't know about the Cassano goal but the Montella goal. come on guys, that was finishing of the highest order so lets please praise the frontman than blame the goalie as Montella gave him absolutely no chance

Pelizzoli was actually worse as Emre;s shot was saveable imo

Nice pun btw Martin

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    Pelizzoli was actually worse as Emre;s shot was saveable imo
    Yeah but Pelizzoli isn't hailed as the 2nd keeper in Italy [yet]

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    yeah, that montella goal was sweet :thumb:

also, about Recoba's goal.
    i dont think it's as great as people say it is.
    i put the blame on the defense.
    samuel did well and crefit goes to Recoba for going past him, but the rest of the way, Recoba was trying to control the ball.
    Panucci looked like a serie C defender and Aldair didn't make a tackle worth calling a tackle!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    yeah, that montella goal was sweet :thumb:
    about his goal,imho it's handed us the scudetto on a platter,i can't see inter going all the way this season and milan wants the CL more than the scudetto so much that they wouldn't mind sacrificing the serie a bragging rights....

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    I always rated Toldo the best in the world, even before the Euro 2000. He was just superb from the matches I saw then (quite a few).

He is just out of form and is playing terribly. Probably lost alot of confidence too.

Hope he gets back to his old days.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    he's already 30 i think....his only way is down (down compared to the euro 2000 performance)

Euro 2000 was his prime.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    no way.....i'm sure they'll have toldo (in reasonable form) for another 4 years.

remember that keepers last a lot longer than regular players.

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
    true!!!!!

he is doing some stupid mistakes lately!

but he is still a good and decent goal keeper!!!

not Italy Number 2 in my opinion! but still worthy of guarding inter net!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)