Klaas Jan Huntelaar (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
From Wikipedia:
Klaas Jan Huntelaar (born August 12, 1983 in Drempt) is a Dutch footballer.

Huntelaar is a striker who recently moved from UEFA Cup contenders SC Heerenveen to UEFA Champions League second rounders Ajax. Ajax paid a record €9 million for the U-23 international. The amount paid by Ajax for Klaas-Jan seems minimal, as his exceptional performance for the club has "raised eyebrows" around Europe. He is a talented striker that will certainly get better. Many see him as one of the few strikers in the world that could be classified as a "complete striker." He can score headed goals, he's quite skillfull and he is a handful to defenders, as Walter Samuel of Inter Milan can confirm. Klaas-Jan Huntelaar is also known to try out some impossible shots. He has scored several overhead kicks, volleys and he also scored from supposed "impossible" angles. He currently is the highest ranked goal scorer in European football of this season, with 33 league goals this season in the eredivisie. In addition to his goals in the Dutch Cup, UEFA Cup and Champions League, he is expected to not only score more than 40 goals this season, but also to place second in the European golden boot ranking only behind Luca Toni but ahead of Samuel Eto'o and Thierry Henry.
From Soccernet:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Ian
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #2
    Pretty good, no? I'll be unpset if he doesn't play in the WC...

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    He will, Van Basten already indirectly admitted that in an interview for kids

Kid: "How many goals will Huntelaar score in Germany?"
    Van Basten: "About twelve?"
    Kid: "So he's going?"
    Van Basten: "Motherf..."

:D

Fight Club

Dec 14, 2005
    grap the phone, moggi and do your magic.
    wouldn't mind if huntelaar came to juve, seen him few times and the boy is really good. as written above huntelaar is a real finisher

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    i remember he was linked to my 2nd fave team Rangers before he joined Ajax, i was impressed with him at Herenveen and seems to have done brilliantly at Ajax so was disapointed to see Rangers miss out on him

However, Rangers signed Kris Boyd who scored 37goals for the season, finishing top scorer for two clubs in one season

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I've heard good things about this kid, need to see him in action myself some more though.

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    Martin said:
    I'm sure he will, though.
    I'm not sure. Van Basten has me puzzled by his team selection. Van Nistelrooy and Kjuit are well established in the team.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Ian said:
    I'm not sure. Van Basten has me puzzled by his team selection. Van Nistelrooy and Kjuit are well established in the team.
    Which means it comes down to Vennegoor of Hesselink vs Huntelaar (or taking one extra striker and dropping a defender, since we don't actually have defenders anyway).

I'd say Huntelaar's on board.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
    Aug 1, 2002
    33 goals!!! thats crazy... Lets see if Moggi can ask for a refund on Zlatan or if he can return him for store credit and we get Huntelaar.

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #14
    Erik said:
    Which means it comes down to Vennegoor of Hesselink vs Huntelaar (or taking one extra striker and dropping a defender, since we don't actually have defenders anyway).

I'd say Huntelaar's on board.
    Well, he should go. He's clearly the better player.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Fight Club said:
    grap the phone, moggi and do your magic.
    wouldn't mind if huntelaar came to juve, seen him few times and the boy is really good. as written above huntelaar is a real finisher
    Great idea , Moggi + telephone call + Ajax = fantastic conversation. Slip in referees in the mix and what a cocktail. Not to mention one of the times this combo did happen the fruit bore Zlatan

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Huntelaar would never pick Juventus anyway. And I seriously doubt he'd ever go to Italy. He's the type of striker that thrives in attacking play, preferably involving wingers. I'm thinking Barcelona myself.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Erik said:
    Huntelaar would never pick Juventus anyway. And I seriously doubt he'd ever go to Italy. He's the type of striker that thrives in attacking play, preferably involving wingers. I'm thinking Barcelona myself.
    Another Dutchman to Barcelona? How original :D

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    We like Catalunya, Catalunya tends to like us. Apparently there are *a lot* of socio-cultural similarities between the Dutch and the Catalonians.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Is that right? Maybe we should support their cause for autonomy and let them join the kingdom... :biggrin: Learning Dutch would actually be useful for something.. :biggrin:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)