Forum statistics (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I cant seem to find the forum statistics anywhere. You know, members with most posts in the last month, in the last 24 hours, number of threads, posts, members etc, like on the old site.

Do we have them anywhere?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2
    OK, I see the number of members, threads and posts on the bottom of the main page, but what about the other stats?

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    If you look up Bürke's thread, Are you up to par? he has the link to those there but the link does not work, I think Marty is not having them anymore.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
    Aug 12, 2005
    Not sure if they exist in this version, TBH (it's almost exactly the same as a Yankees forum I belong to. Let me snoop around :)

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
    Aug 12, 2005
    Nothing:frown:

It is cool how you can pick different skins at the bottom, though. I am on Blue Full:weee:

I think Marty has to turn the function on, TBH. It is interesting that a regular member can view who's online. No other forum I belong to allows that....

So that must be "on" and stats is "off"

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I mentioned this in the bug thread a while ago. vbstats (or I think it's now a vbstatistics.php page) needs to be installed separately and isn't normally part of the core vB installation. Once that's hooked up and deployed, I think we should be ready to roll.

I too like those pages. They can also prove valuable when monitoring system activity that may affect how the site is running, etc.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    It shouldn't be too difficult. The only reasons I see not:

1) Other priorities need to take precedence right now
    2) May add to existing server load in a way that's not too helpful? (For example, that top posters link on the old site took forever to load. I got the feeling that it was not only crunching numbers to come up with a Top 20 list, but it also opened a few car loans in the process.)

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    The one compatible with vB2.3 looks like the latest. Didn't see anything that was vB3.

My guess is that a lot of it is about extracting data from the vB database schema. They undoubtedly changed it from vB2 -> 3. But maybe not the key table structures for things that are relevant for stats, and hence the "old" version will work fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)