Removal of post count (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
It's just an idea, a suggestion if you will. However, I feel the following would be good for the forums.

I think that the post count should be removed, it serves no real purpose. Besides it being used by the more 'sad' people, using it as the "my cock's bigger than yours" arguement.
People should be judged by the intelligence of their banter and not by the number of their post count, its ridiculous. Lots of posters on this forum act high and mighty, and get more 'respect' because of their high post count.

Ive seen this system be implemented at other forums and it has worked wonders, the members that are respected and looked up to are the ones that make the most sense, not make the most posts.

Besides it also removes spam.

If some are really desperate to show off, the Join Date is enough information.

I hope this idea will be taken into account and will at least will be given a trial.

- Thanks for your time.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
I haven't been active for a couple of months but from what I can see the quality of the posts is very high.

The hierarchy system with postcounting has worked really well so far, most of the topposters are also very good posters.

The counting has worked as a carrot to come back in the beginning. I remember myself struggling to get to 100 posts in order to get that avatar. :D

Registration date doesn't say much as many people have registered years after me and have contributed more than me anyway.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Yes please, let's get rid of it, it will make myself and a few others (whose names are too well known to mention) look far less ridiculous :D

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
I'm not totally convinced. I like the dedication threads. They add to the sense of community here, and some of them are quite funny.

It's nice to be able to spot a regular. :) It's also handy to spot noobs. The join date doesn't always give that away.

Frankly, anyone who uses their post count as a weapon is pretty sad.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
I'm not totally convinced. I like the dedication threads. They add to the sense of community here, and some of them are quite funny.

It's nice to be able to spot a regular. :) It's also handy to spot noobs. The join date doesn't always give that away.

Frankly, anyone who uses their post count as a weapon is pretty sad.
Well we could still maintain the titles I suppose. But we need a new one for 25k or over imho :D

I want seven balls too!

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
It's just an idea, a suggestion if you will. However, I feel the following would be good for the forums.

I think that the post count should be removed, it serves no real purpose. Besides it being used by the more 'sad' people, using it as the "my cock's bigger than yours" arguement.
People should be judged by the intelligence of their banter and not by the number of their post count , its ridiculous. Lots of posters on this forum act high and mighty, and get more 'respect' because of their high post count.
Ooh, a classic! :thumb::angel:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Well we could still maintain the titles I suppose. But we need a new one for 25k or over imho :D

I want seven balls too!
That's not a bad idea, though I imagine there'd be a lot of late dedications!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)